9 Meter Express

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

boatless1

9 Meter Express

Post by boatless1 »

Hi to all, I'm in the process of purchasing a 1983 trojan 9 meter express. I've been trying to research this model, which led me here, but all I could find out so far is, this model was only built for 2 yrs. 83 & 84, and that it was most likely built in Lancaster Pa. Also, at 9 meters, the boat should be 29.5 feet long, (I haven't had the opportunity to measure it YET), but the dealer insists it's 27 ft. long (we'll see) and she weighs a hefty 11000 lbs., kinda heavy for a 27 footer.
If anyone knows more about this model, or can direct me to a source that does, I will be forever in your debt.
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

Bob has sales literature that you can buy.
boatless1

Post by boatless1 »

Thanks Willie, I was hoping to find out if this model was discontinued after 2 years for a reason, and why would they power a 29 footer with big blocks. I was able to find two other 9 meter express for sale on the web at http://www.yachtworld.com One was in Fl. it also had big blocks, the other was in Scandinavia. It's powered by some foreign made diesels.

Anyway, I'm buying the boat. We close on the 20th of this month. Wish me luck.
rpbolling

9 Meter Express

Post by rpbolling »

Did you buy this boat?
boatless1

Post by boatless1 »

rpbolling, no I did not buy that boat. I have posted other replies to this effect, but don't see them here. Hope you're enjoying yours.