Steering Knobs

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

The Dog House wrote:Next year I hope to replace the split controls with a Morse MT-3 combination control box, and then it will be left hand on the wheel and right hand on the throttle.
I sure do like those old control boxes though. I wish I had the wood handles on my lower station, but Eclipse is one model year too late for that. :cry:
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
Nancy
Moderate User

Post by Nancy »

I'd vote for a proper turk's head.
The Dog House
Active User

Post by The Dog House »

Commissionpoint wrote: I sure do like those old control boxes though. I wish I had the wood handles on my lower station, but Eclipse is one model year too late for that. :cry:
After I get my new control box installed and working properly, we can talk about what I should do with my wood handled split control box. 8)
1993 Sea Ray 200 Overnighter OB with 1993 Mercury 150 hp Outboard
1979 Starcraft 14' Rowboat with 2011 Mercury 9.9 hp Outboard
Former boat: 1971 Trojan F26
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

The Dog House wrote:After I get my new control box installed and working properly, we can talk about what I should do with my wood handled split control box. 8)
Lol. See what I was saying about how sometimes its easy to forget other folks have a different setup?

I need the flush mount ones for twin engines. Thats exactly the reason I couldn't figure out what the hell you were talking about with the steering wheel mark this morning. I was thinking we had the same thing. :lol:
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.