very nice refit on a '77 F-32

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

gettaway
Active User

very nice refit on a '77 F-32

Post by gettaway »

I get new listing updates from Yachtworld on several models of boats that I have been keeping my eye, one is the F-32,
check out the updated / refit on this this F-32

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... id=2546796
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
297Elegante
Sporadic User

Post by 297Elegante »

Call me picky but I don't care for the salon window modifications. Also the cabin work looks like a lot of work, but something about the wood looks... Ikea(ish). Not sure if its the type of wood, the color, the finish, but it just looks plain and muted.

It does look like the previous owner put a lot of time and energy into her though and I applaud that!
Boat: Silverton 34C T/270s, Gen
DAVIDLOFLAND
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by DAVIDLOFLAND »

That is different, to say the least.
1977 F-32 INSTANT FUN "Just Add Water"
My Forever boat - O/O 30 years and counting
Yanmar 6BY3-260's
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

I'll agree, im not fond of the side window change either, as far as the interior to me it looks fresh and clean, i would prefer teak,

But at 30+ thousand $ that puts this boat in comp with same vantage boats a bit bigger and with diesels.
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
TBone
Sporadic User

Post by TBone »

im not gonna lie, I dont like it. Im in the middle of a refit/restore of my 77 F-32, so I can fully respect the amount of work this owner has put into the boat. From the pics, she looks to be in spectacular shape.

I do not like the window, it should have been taken a bit further back. The fly bridge should have been cut to match the shape of the window. It makes the window or the flybridge look out of place.

The wood interior something. I dont care for the colors at all, and the counter top is the same color as the walls, and cabinets. It hides all of the work and doesnt accent it at all.

As stated, this boat appears to be in top notch shape, I wish all the luck in th world to the owner to sell, and it looks like the new onwer will have a boat to be proud of.

Tom

wow I guess Im full of my own opinions today!
1983 Silverton 34C; Its 8 O'clock... Somewhere!
1985 Chris Craft 222 stinger
1977 F-32 trojan (sold)
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

Tbone, you going to share some phtos of your project? :D

I guess I have to agree with everyones statements, I wouldnt make the changes that this owner did to my F-32, and the hull color? hmmmm

however, it's nice to see someone put that kind of care and money into one of these old gems
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
TBone
Sporadic User

Post by TBone »

gettaway, I started a build log on here, I havent had any time to work on her, I have been putting in about 70-80 hrs a week between the 2 jobs.

I stuck my head in her the other day, it was the first time in months!

Trust me, that boat is worlds nicer than mine is right now. as a comparison, my boat is about equal to the remaining sludge after toxic waste decomposes. But I love her and I will make her nice, she deserves it.

The good thing about working so much, the UPS guy has been stopping by pretty regularly. new Hydraulic steering, all new lights, engine gasket sets... the list goes on. The pile of Trojan parts is getting pretty big. I cant wait for some time off to work on her!!!!!!!!!
1977 F-32 trojan (sold)
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

Tbone,

I hope you didnt take my comment as any sort of implication... when I hear "restore", is sparks my interst and I love to see what other people are doing to these old gems to keep them alive. and far as not working on her, I certainly understand, it took me over 10 months to do the repower and I still havent replaced canvas..

Keep us posted !
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

Ok I've looked at it twice now. Decided I don't like it. Aside from the windows and woodwork which folks already pointed out, I don't like the galley. Not practical. Sink is too big for a galley with no real cooking facilities, what are you washing in there if you can't dirty up pots and pans? Engine parts? Big hands?
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

commission point .. laughed at your comments, funny stuff, I noticed those things as well, if you look closely, this person did all of this work and left what looks like the original sinks and faucets, the original sink has a very wide flange around the top, but you can barely get a glass under the faucet, after all of that work and money, this seems like a strange place to cheap out...
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
Commissionpoint
Active User

No doubt gettaway. Lots of money got spent for sure, but how about a cooktop? I don't know about you guys, but I use mine all the time. Even if its just to heat up water.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)

gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

I havent used mine as it is electric, I left it in though when I did the galley update, as I like how it looks, I use a butane cooktop and sit it on the cutting board of the stove. it is much faster and doesnt require a generator. I still am contemplating on putting in a propane cooktop, I do have a fuel sniffer, and if the wifes candles haven't blown up the boat yet...well,
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
Commissionpoint
Active User

You have just the 3 burner cooktop or the range combo Scott?

I have the range combo, and agree your shore power (or generator) has to provide pretty stable voltage for the range to function as designed. I would do a little better here at the house if I switched over to a dual 30A system from the single 50A that I have now, but I don't cook on board a whole lot when I'm tied up at home (go figure) so it hasn't been an issue. I really was trying to avoid burying another cable anyhow, such a PITA.

I have a little butane stove as well. Booty from an old hotel job I had. I like to use it on the cockpit deck with a percolator in the mornings. You are right. Its fast and easy for things like that. Not worth firing the Onan over.

I guess the reduction in window size would make using the butane affair a bit more dicey in the refit 32. :shock:
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)

gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

I have a two burner princesws stove top, I think I am going to buy a two burner butane cooktop, I bought my single at Big 5 Sporting goods for $17.00 and it included a case, I bought two butane conisters two years ago and am still on the first one, I use it to make percolator coffee and some breakfast stuff, going ashore for dinner is a treat of being out
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
TBone
Sporadic User

Post by TBone »

Gettaway,

No offence taken!
1977 F-32 trojan (sold)