first years projects

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

1995 390 express
Sporadic User

first years projects

Post by 1995 390 express »

to view slide show click link below
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x431/454xls/
Diverted Income
Moderate User

Post by Diverted Income »

Very nice. I can relate to the scattered painted engine parts around the garage! Question - whats up with what looks like a flywheel, and friction disk with no clutch material on the face? Just curious. Was that BB Chevy a donor?
Nice looking!
1995 390 express
Sporadic User

Post by 1995 390 express »

hi diverterted income lol no donor parts all origanal bolt ons just new engines. as far as i know about the flywheel looking part is it is to take up vibration from tranny to engine and the splines in it is the transition from the flywheel on the engine to the splines on the tranny. same as a clutch plate but no throw out bearing or pressure plate for shifting. hence the velvet drives. sorry about posting a few older pics and leaving out some newer ones- still new and suck with computers and photo bucketttttt will try again soon
Diverted Income
Moderate User

10-4. I have a bunch to learn about inboards. Give me a BB Ford and a jet drive though and I'm in my comfort zone!
Diverted Income
Moderate User

10-4. I have a bunch to learn about inboards. Give me a BB Ford and a jet drive though and I'm in my comfort zone!