A TROJAN I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.....

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

alexander38
Ultimate User

Re: A TROJAN I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.....

Post by alexander38 »

Yea it cost more but at 8 knots my burn would be half...
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
summer storm
Moderate User

Post by summer storm »

Sorry guys I haven't been around for a while but I have been full steam at work. Slowing down for now which means more time for boats and books about boats. below is from my book, A Trojan F-47.

Take an F-40 motor yacht and add a seven foot cockpit and you end up with the F-47 Yacht Fisherman. In fact that’s exactly how Trojan built this boat. According to Ron Pickle, Trojan’s director of engineering, a mold was made of the cockpit and joined to the hull of a F-40 with a nine inch flange and 3/4” bolts. On the outside the joint was fiberglassed over for a width of two feet (centered on the seam) and then the hull was smoothed and gelcoated. Stringers are in place from the transom to the flange but do not penetrate the f-40’s hull. This basically makes the cockpit a separate flotation chamber.

The running gear remains in its original location and the boat gains a little bit of speed, aided by the additional waterline. The rest of the boat is identical to the f-40 motor yacht both on deck and below. Engine options mirror the F-40 and during sea trials off the coast of Florida in February 1981 a pair of Johnson & Towers 6-71TI’s produced a speed of 23.8 knots. Produced for a very short time, late 1980 to 1981, you will not find a lot of these models around.

Model- 400 cockpit

LOA 46’9” / 14.29m Height: Waterline to
Beam 14’1/2” / 4.33m Radar arch 15’6”
Draft 43” / 1.09m Flybridge 13’ 1”
Freeboard Forward 79” / 2.01m Electrical system 12V DC / 120V AC
Aft 45” / 1.14m
Weight 30,000 lbs.
Fuel: 445 gal / 1685L
Fresh water 125 gal / 473L
Doug

1977 F-32
1982 Chris Craft 280
1992 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
1974 F-25 (Sold)
1979 F-26 (sold)
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

WOW that's a beautiful vessel. i've always loved the f-40 version w/out the cockpit. i really think they are a nice design. if i thought for one minute i'd be able to look after the f-40 for sale in pittsburgh, i'd nab it in a heartbeat. i could easily live on something like that. hmmmmm, maybe when the operational merger between US/AA is complete, i could transfer to the miami crew base. it would be nice not to winterize.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com