1987 - 10 Meter Trojan Flybridge Convertible

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

M/Y Tax Return

1987 - 10 Meter Trojan Flybridge Convertible

Post by M/Y Tax Return »

Hi all,

It's been quite a few months since I've been on the board. In that time, I purchased this boat up in Palm Beach, brought it down to my dock in Ft. Lauderdale near SR 84 on one engine, and have gone through the boat a LOT.

At this point I have all the main electrical systems working on both shore power and/or generator. I've completely gone through all of the panel toggles so that they all actually do what they say that do, and NOW a friend of mine who I have asked for 5 years to sell me his boat is finally doing so.

( 52 foot convertible hatteras for $50,000 in PERFECT condition. Can't say no )

Which brings us to this:

I am considering whether or not I should sell the Trojan as a project boat, or part it out.

Frankly, I know there is at least $6-7k just in the working engine block/accessories and the generator, not to mention all the accessories on the siezed engine that are working fine, ( and yes I tested them ), but I'm so busy with work work that I don't see myself having the time to really go through the whole boat and part it out.

I am hoping to find someone who is either willing to dock/trailer the boat and help me part it out ( for a fair cut of course ), or someone to just buy the boat, if they have the time to fix it.

If anyone is interested in either, I would love to talk about it. I found most of the private messages I got from when I was thinking about driving the boat down from Palm Beach to be productive, and am hoping for the same this time around.

Regards,

Zak
tsawyer
Sporadic User

Re: 1987 - 10 Meter Trojan Flybridge Convertible

Post by tsawyer »

Sounds like a great deal.

As far as the Trojan, I guess it depends on how much you want out of it and how much work you are willing to put into it.

I don't recall what you paid, or if you shared that, but maybe you could sell it as is and get your money out of it. That's probably the easiest option.

I know there have been folks looking for parts, and since your local to me, I wish I was one of them. But I'm not in need of anything.

Good luck.
Tom Sawyer
Rum Floater
1988 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
M/Y Tax Return

Re: 1987 - 10 Meter Trojan Flybridge Convertible

Post by M/Y Tax Return »

Boat cost me about $7,000 to get to my dock. ( buy price + some new parts + an hours tow from the intercoastal as I realized coming down from Palm Beach that I wouldn't be able to operate it safely on one engine in the new river )

If someone wanted to give me $7,000 for it I would take it and just be done with it so I can get what is soon to be my new boat on the dock. ( ok yea I would probably take $6,000 if someone showed up with 60 - $100 bills and a tow boat lol )

When I bought it the guy originally wanted $30,000, which was obviously overpriced by a great deal considering niether engine ran.

I had a guy on the west cost who offered me $9,000, 4 months ago, but at the time I was intent on fixing it up myself, and of course now I can't find his number lol....

My neighbor is a mechanic and buys/sells a lot of 454 parts on ebay, which is why I know I can pretty much get my money back just from taking apart the engines and selling the blocks and generator, but as stated, I really don't have the time to do that, not to mention it's sort of a shame to take a boat apart when all it truly needs is some new hydraulic steering lines, and a port engine. ( Other than cleaning )

I mean hell the thing has two anchors that I know I can bring to sailor man for a couple hundred bucks lol if I really wanted to.

But yea that's the truthful breakdown. I'm in it for $7,000, and I think it's probably worth a little more considering I have the starboard engine and generator running and all the major electrical sorted out. Fridge works and I've left it on since I got the boat. Sinks, microwave, etc etc.

We'll see what I end up doing with it, but like I said, this Forum was great when I was planning on buying the boat, and am hoping someone on here will be interested in, or be able to point me to someone who is interested in, helping me part it for a cut, or sell it ( finders/brokers fee applicable lol ).