Finally got my new Trojan!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

stoutner

Finally got my new Trojan!

Post by stoutner »

Last Fall I made an offer on a 1990 11 Meter International Express. Boat was too nice to pass up. Single owner, fresh water only, very low engine hours (Crusaders) and only 117 hours on the generator. Had to wait until this Spring for Survey. Survey was completed, a few items had to be corrected and finally had her delivered yesterday!

Got it off the truck and onto the sling

Nervous as could be I took to my slip

I later installed to canvas to see how she looks

I do have a few questions if anyone can help.

The A/C seems to be working but the original Trojan Controller is not working. All of the lights are on and the only button that seems to work is the fan button. I cannot even power it off unless I turn the circuit breaker off. Any idea what I can replace that controller with?

Also, 2 of the 3 original (I think) stereo speaker volume controls seem to have crapped out. Can I get something like this at Radio Shack or anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks for your help. I'm sure I will discover more as time goes on :)
1990 Trojan 11 Meter International "Express".
Green Dolphin2
Sodus Point, NY
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Re: Finally got my new Trojan!

Post by aaronbocknek »

first off, welcome to the forum, and mazel tov on your purchase. she looks great. would love to see some interior and engine pics. not sure about the a/c issue, but, the volume controls that you are questioning about are potentiometers. skip radio shack. if you have a small electronics store in your area, best to go there. i have a small family run electronics store in the towson, md area and they have come to my assistance more than once. the previous owner of my boat ripped out all the original potentiometers and i'm trying to find a replacement. baynesville electronics has a few that will work with my setup, but right now, they are pretty expensive. eventually i'd like to go back to the original set up.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
stoutner

Post by stoutner »

Thanks Aaron,

I will be setting this up for fishing and will post more pics as I get it set up. As of right now boat is pretty much 100% original. The previous owner kept every document ever related to this vessel. He even saved the 1989 and 1990 marketing brochures for the entire Trojan lineup. I the folder of paperwork I even found an original photo of the boat and a note from the selling dealer thanking him for the purchase :) I have all of the schematics and manuals and everything for the boat. It is a pretty cool "blast from the past"
Green Dolphin2
Sodus Point, NY
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

stoutner wrote:Thanks Aaron,

I will be setting this up for fishing and will post more pics as I get it set up. As of right now boat is pretty much 100% original. The previous owner kept every document ever related to this vessel. He even saved the 1989 and 1990 marketing brochures for the entire Trojan lineup. I the folder of paperwork I even found an original photo of the boat and a note from the selling dealer thanking him for the purchase :) I have all of the schematics and manuals and everything for the boat. It is a pretty cool "blast from the past"
wow!! those documents are GOLD around here. my dad did the same thing for our 1972 tri cabin. every ounce of paper, boxes and boxes, along with work orders, schematics, etc... you name it, he had it. which is why it was so frustrating with my boat not even having an owners manual onboard. how does stuff like that vanish from a boat? why is it not kept onboard. i've had to piece together every thing, but hey, that's half the fun. i'd love to see a pdf file of the 89/90 model line up. i'm sure others on here would too. cannot wait to see more pics of her.
AAron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
reelfishin
Moderate User

Post by reelfishin »

Ah yes, A very nice boat. We have the 11 meter and ours is set up for fishing. We changed the L seat sliding door to a drop down door made of starboard. Much easier to put fishing tackle in it. I also have a good way to move the seats back when you open up the engine compartment completely. It is a old thread here but you might find it. I did post pictures of the change to the L seat too. Hope you catch a lot of fish and enjoy the boat.
Here is a site to check out for your HVAC. http://www.coastalclimatecontrol.com/fx1.html
Fishing Chesapeake Bay and Off Shore Virginia.
1988 11 meter Trojan International 450 HP 671TI Detroit Diesels
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

beautiful vessel

The 11 is one of the best !

Love to see more photos.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
stoutner

Post by stoutner »

Finally installed my new GPS and Fishfinder

And then installed my downriggers

Tonight I'm installing my radar and doing some other work :)

More pics to come.
Green Dolphin2
Sodus Point, NY
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

I love the 11 meter express, very nice boat! It appers to be in great shape ! If you get a moment I would love to hear how you like the Raymarine chartplotter. I think thats what I'm getting for next season but I would love to hear from someone who has actually used one.
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
1992 Scout 15.5 Center Console
stoutner

Post by stoutner »

yorklyn wrote:I love the 11 meter express, very nice boat! It appers to be in great shape ! If you get a moment I would love to hear how you like the Raymarine chartplotter. I think thats what I'm getting for next season but I would love to hear from someone who has actually used one.
So far I love the Raymarine Chartplotter. I would like to be able to zoom in a touch more but everything else is great. I really love the built in WiFi network. You can connect it with wifi to your smart phone or Ipad/tablet and use the Rayviewer app to view the screen live anywhere in the boat. They also have the Raycontrol app and RayRemote app which allows you to adjust your plotter from your smartphone or ipad. Very sweet.

In hind sight I might have bought a smaller plotter for less money and just connected it to a 10" tablet from WalMart for about an extra $150.00.
Green Dolphin2
Sodus Point, NY