f25 plumbing questions

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

gordd
Sporadic User

f25 plumbing questions

Post by gordd »

I have not tackled plumbing on boat yet so have cpl questions. In my f25 cabin cruiser water tank is located on port side basicly beside engine . On starboard side there is 2or 3 position handle that hoses go in and I suppose that controls water flow but not sure . Wont be sure what type of head I have until I get to boat but I thought was straight disgorge. Thing is I do have a pump out waste hole so assuming again there is holding tank somewhere ./ would anyone know where that tank may be located to check all the hoses and connection ? then have basic bathroom sink , kitchen sink and on top starboard side just before nav light looks like water hose hook up. I don't have a separate water inlet, like for fuel for example to fill tank with water so have to literally open tank fill it with water bellow the floor boards. Any help on how system operates would be gratefull
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: f25 plumbing questions

Post by prowlersfish »

The 2-3 postion handle sounds like its for the head /holding tank . Photos would be a big help .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

Handle
Handle
Handle.jpg (120.41 KiB) Viewed 4444 times
head
head
head.jpg (79.02 KiB) Viewed 4444 times
Hey prowlersfish hope this helps to identify
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

That valve is for the head / holding tank system . One hose should go to the the head one to the holding tank and one for overboard discharge ( not legall in most areas except off shore)

Trace the hoses and you should find your tank
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

Well why kind of confused since do have waste pump out hole on starboard side so wasn't sure.
waste pump out
waste pump out
waste.jpg (97 KiB) Viewed 4441 times
1995 390 express
Sporadic User

Post by 1995 390 express »

Your main hose should come from your holding tank to that valve.On one one of your hoses comiming off the vavle there should be a pump to engage for overboard discharge. the valve in the other position with allow your tank to be pumped out through the hole in your last picture either by a dock pump out station- a portable pump or a pump out boat. Should be a cover on that last pic also. good luck
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

Ty express .. I did get cover for waste pump out .. this weekend I think will fill up water tank with water and see where all pipes are what's working leaking if anything. My water tank doesn't have inlet on deck ... its located port side of engine and basically fill it from under the wheelhouse floor by unscrewing the top . Is that normal on those boats ?
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

In the picture of the head itself, it looks like the hose connected to the top of the toilet is pinched. I would try loosening the hose clamp and spinning the hose to get rid of the kink or consider replacing it.
1976 F30 Model 303