F-26 Hardtop Anchor Light

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

akwalker
Sporadic User

F-26 Hardtop Anchor Light

Post by akwalker »

Hi all.
I need to re wire the anchor light mounted to the hardtop of my '81 F-26. I can't figure out how Trojan got the wires from the panel to the top of the hardtop. I was going to use the old wire as a fishtape to pull 3 new wires, but the are stuck fast. Anyone know how the wires are routed?
1981 F-26 hardtop
"Gracious Lady"
32pacemaker

Re: F-26 Hardtop Anchor Light

Post by 32pacemaker »

yes in my 1975 f26 the wires run up the strb side windshield pillar and top of windshield frame the trim unscrews from the frame but the headliner needs to be removed from the head and in my 1975 it uses diodes to make the nav lights work
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

This is good info to know since I will be pulling new wires thru this location on my boat as well. Does the wiper motor bolt to the cover plate from the inside? If so, I'm assuming that the wiper arm must be removed from outside to remove the cover plate / wiper motor assembly. Is this right? The mast head light and the wipers are pretty much the only things on my boat that I haven't touched yet.

Since I didn't get to put the boat in the water this year, I decided to update the electronics. In doing this, I removed the remote search light from the center of the radar arch and replaced it with a Garmin HD radar unit. I also decided to move the mast head light from the front of the hard top to above and behind the radar unit on the arch. This in turn will allow me to install the remote search light on the hard top where the mast head light was. This is why knowing how these wires are routed is important to me.

Thanks,
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
akwalker
Sporadic User

Post by akwalker »

32pacemaker wrote:yes in my 1975 f26 the wires run up the strb side windshield pillar and top of windshield frame the trim unscrews from the frame but the headliner needs to be removed from the head and in my 1975 it uses diodes to make the nav lights work
Thank you, sir, you nailed it. I pulled of the upper windshield trim and the wiper motor and saw the wires in question. Was able to pull new wires, and now everything is ok. Thanks again.
1981 F-26 hardtop
"Gracious Lady"
akwalker
Sporadic User

Post by akwalker »

Paul wrote:This is good info to know since I will be pulling new wires thru this location on my boat as well. Does the wiper motor bolt to the cover plate from the inside? If so, I'm assuming that the wiper arm must be removed from outside to remove the cover plate / wiper motor assembly. Is this right? The mast head light and the wipers are pretty much the only things on my boat that I haven't touched yet.

Since I didn't get to put the boat in the water this year, I decided to update the electronics. In doing this, I removed the remote search light from the center of the radar arch and replaced it with a Garmin HD radar unit. I also decided to move the mast head light from the front of the hard top to above and behind the radar unit on the arch. This in turn will allow me to install the remote search light on the hard top where the mast head light was. This is why knowing how these wires are routed is important to me.

Thanks,
The wiper motor is held on by one nut under the wiper arm on the OUTSIDE of the window frame. There is also one screw on the inside that prevents the motor from moving while operating. I removed this as well, and the motor comes right off.
1981 F-26 hardtop
"Gracious Lady"
MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

32pacemaker wrote:yes in my 1975 f26 the wires run up the strb side windshield pillar and top of windshield frame the trim unscrews from the frame but the headliner needs to be removed from the head and in my 1975 it uses diodes to make the nav lights work
I just removed the headliner in the head the other day so I could gain access the standoff for the grabrail and rebed it. My wires run through the starboard windshield pillar as well, and they are grounded to the outermost bolt for the windshield frame, which is accessed by removing the headliner in the head compartment. I will take a picture and post it next time I get to the boat. I am going to end up redoing these wires over the winter as there is some corrosion and want to correct it.

As for the wiper motor, mine is held on by a nut on the outside of the windshield frame, and has two phillips head screws on the inside holding the motor to the frame. I replaced my wiper motor about 10 yrs ago and was still able to find a direct replacement for it.
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

akwalker wrote:The wiper motor is held on by one nut under the wiper arm on the OUTSIDE of the window frame. There is also one screw on the inside that prevents the motor from moving while operating. I removed this as well, and the motor comes right off.
Thanks for the info, it looks like this job should be fairly straight forward. I'll be tackling this job later this fall. I drilled the holes in my radar arch and installed the radar a couple of weeks ago (3 months post surgery) and put myself back in the hospital doing it. I guess I don't heal as quickly as I did when I was younger but man that boat great with the radar on it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

I had quick a look at the wiper arm today and didn't see a set screw or anything else obvious locking it to the shaft. What am I missing?
Paul
MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

My wiper arm is held on by a phillips head screw on the top center of the arm where it attaches to the wiper motor shaft. The shaft is splined, mine does not have a set screw.
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

Hi Matt,

No Phillips head screw there, its a solid piece.
Paul
MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

My wiper motor isn't original, I had to replace it a while back. Sorry it didn't help, there has to be some type of set screw on it, maybe under the arm?
akwalker
Sporadic User

Post by akwalker »

No set screw on mine. It is held on by spring pressure. I just lifted the wiper arm till it was in line with the part that slides onto the splines, and pried up with a flat blade screwdriver....popped right off.
1981 F-26 hardtop
"Gracious Lady"
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

akwalker wrote:No set screw on mine. It is held on by spring pressure. I just lifted the wiper arm till it was in line with the part that slides onto the splines, and pried up with a flat blade screwdriver....popped right off.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Paul
MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

This photo is taken from inside the head compartment with the headliner removed. It will give you an idea of how the wires were run up to the windshield.

Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

Thanks Matt, that's a big help.
Paul