FROM AARON, REPLACEMENT HEAVY DUTY WIPER BLADES

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

FROM AARON, REPLACEMENT HEAVY DUTY WIPER BLADES

Post by aaronbocknek »

hey gang, my original wiper are pretty nasty so over the last few days i've set out to replace them. initially this was not an easy task. originally i thought they were the ''classic wipers'' that are advertised with west marine/defender/hamilton marine and the like. so, i purchased a wiper blade from west marine and once i got to the boat, i realized that these were not the correct wiper blades as 1. they were really cheap in design and 2. it did not fit at all. came up short and the attach point was just plain wrong. so, i turned to my buddy jerry who could probably steer me in the right direction. i took the wiper blade down to his boat to ask him some questions. he looked at it and said that it looked like the wiper blades they used on their trucks for baltimore gas and electric (bge). on the metal plate there is a small stamp---- ANCO-----. so, when i got back to my boat, i googled 'anco truck wiper' and lo and behold, the exact match came up. so, if you guys are in need of replacements for your ancient wipers, they are ANCO TRUCK/HEAVY DUTY WIPERS. and best of all, they are AMERICAN MADE!! i placed the order for my replacements around noon on the 17th, and they were delivered to my door this afternoon. the website and link are here.....

http://www.toolfetch.com/anco-51-15-15- ... rucks.html

they come in 15/16/18 " lengths and are 'designed' for flat windshields.

thought i'd share with you all.
aaron
Attachments
anco wiper 2.jpg
anco wiper 2.jpg (72.9 KiB) Viewed 2796 times
anco wiper 1.jpg
anco wiper 1.jpg (74.15 KiB) Viewed 2796 times
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
ready123
Ultimate User

Re: FROM AARON, REPLACEMENT HEAVY DUTY WIPER BLADES

Post by ready123 »

Thanks for that Aaron, I need 3 for my F32 and I believe they are 16".
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
ScurvyDog

Re: FROM AARON, REPLACEMENT HEAVY DUTY WIPER BLADES

Post by ScurvyDog »

I am in Canada and have got replacement blades for years at Carquest. They are truck or bus wipers and are much cheaper than boat replacements!
F32 Ruffinit
Bridgeview Marina
Sarnia, On, Canada