12 Meter International - Water in forward bilge

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Butkus

12 Meter International - Water in forward bilge

Post by Butkus »

We consistantly have water in our forward bilge. There are no leaks in the water lines, water heater does not leak, water pressure tank has been replaced, and water tank does not appear to be leaking. Does anyonehave an idea of where the water could be coming from?
Scirè

Post by Scirè »

Hi, I've a 10 meter internatonal re-powered with 2 x 325 hp yanmars diesel and sometime I've the same problem. During this summer I used my boat for 110 hours and I understood that water can be generated by the left prop's hole, so it runs by the inferior blidge untill water tank zone...I suppose.
In my boat water is quite less, but I've to chek left prop's hole this winter when boat will be on land.

Luca.
Italy.
reelfishin
Moderate User

Post by reelfishin »

I have found a separation of the fiberglass in the anchor locker. We re fiberglassed that. I did notice that the anchor locker does not have a drain. Has anyone installed one in it? If the anchor locker gets wet it holds the water now but before it went to the bildge.