Mast Light

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rossjo
Ultimate User

Re: Mast Light

Post by rossjo »

prowlersfish wrote:The Trojan mast set up is fine . Unless you decided to use your boat after dark . Why they would put a lamp in the line of site of the operator I don't know . This was the first thing I fixed on my F36 and one the first issues on my F30 . The fix was easy on my F36 I put it on the had top . I did The same on the F30 after the top was installed . I would remount it up above the top if you can
Yes, its fine unless you use it! ;)

Not to mention it is VERY UGLY on the front of the fly bridge.

My boat also had the Radar dome on the front of the flybridge so it was ugly and radiated you when turned on and driving at the upper helm (another brilliant idea).

Since my F32 is less than 12 meters, I plan to use an all-around light on the radar arch I will finish this winter ... the Radar will go up there as well.
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

what your asking or what your light is doing . But the proper operation of the lamp is . Only the Front lamp comes on with the running lamps . When in the anchor lights are turn on both lamps should be on with no other nav lamps on .

drbbqking wrote:put my mast light back on last night both bulbs work as I had to test the different lighting configurations for the anchor and steaming, problem is in the darkness I may have shorted something out as the anchor swich only brings on the steaming,,,, running lights are fine,,, the steaming comes on with them ,,, both bulbs are good and the wiring in the lighting fixture is good as well... checked all the fuses ,,,, what next I'm going to look at the switch its self tomorrow
Trojan f32 1973
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
drbbqking
Sporadic User

Post by drbbqking »

every thing works fine with nav switch, only the front light comes on when the anchor light is on
1973 f32 twin 318's raw water cooled
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

oops

Post by larryeddington »

OOPs
Last edited by larryeddington on Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

drbbqking wrote:every thing works fine with nav switch, only the front light comes on when the anchor light is on

So only the front comes one with the Nav lights on correct ? and only the front one comes on with anchor light on ? I want make sure I am understanding exactly what it is doing , If this is the case could a bulb /switch or wiring connection .

You have 3 wires to that lamp power for the front , power for the back and the ground for both .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
drbbqking
Sporadic User

Post by drbbqking »

yes that is it I'm going to look at the fixture itself tomorrow, wish me luck
1973 f32 twin 318's raw water cooled
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

Post by 1967 seavoyager »

I think all you "Tupperware" Trojans would look really good with a nice mahogany mast. Make it tall enough to get the anchor light above the canvas & the forward light will reflect off the wings & not blind you. Look at my photobucket link & check out my mast. The second owner of my boat had it custom made.
They'll pry a rotten plank from my cold dead fingers before i go "Tupperware". http://www.photobucket.com/restless
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"
1967 Trojan 36' Sea Voyager Express
Cmount
Sporadic User

Post by Cmount »

I installed a new Radar Arch, so I also installed the new mast light on that. What happened to me is that the running portion worked from my switch on the bridge, but not the anchor light. On the anchor light, I had to go down to the salon to turn that on. Strange, I think the light pull switch could be malfunctioning on the second position, but have yet to change that out. All running on the same three wires discussed in the thread, so I wasn't sure if it was designed like this vs. not working.
1987 Jersey Dawn
"The Other Woman II"