F32 Interior 12 Volt Cabin Light Covers

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

DK

F32 Interior 12 Volt Cabin Light Covers

Post by DK »

Does anyone know where I can get replacement covers for my interior 12 volt cabin lights?
duchess
Sporadic User

lite covers

Post by duchess »

try either marine tech in pa or the mesco catolog
Mac32
Moderate User

Post by Mac32 »

DK,
I have completely disassembled my interior including the lights on my 1976 f32 and plan on replacing the lights when rebuilding it. So If you dont find new ones I have at least 5 complete lights in good shape I could part with.
Let me know.

Fred
LandVF36
Moderate User

Post by LandVF36 »

Check your local RV supplier.
RVs have been using the same fixtures since the 70s!
I found new replacements for every fixuture in my 1973 F36 at a local RV store's parts department. They have a web site http://www.brambillasrv.com
Current Fleet:
2000 Carver 450 Voyager
1991 Thompson 21' Carerra Cuddy
1994 Scout 15'
2005 Caribe LCX9 dingy
1981 16' Hobicat
Former Owner - 1973 Trojan F-36 "Light and Variable"
crazyhorse

lights

Post by crazyhorse »

EBAY hasw a lot of lights. I bought new ones for my 73 F32, they are listed as cabin or RV lights
1973 Trojan Sportfish owner "CrazyHorse"
JuiceClark
Moderate User

cheap boat lights

Post by JuiceClark »

I've posted this before, but here's where I like to buy 12 volt lights online:
http://www.itc-marine.com/overstock.html

I have these illuminated handles in the cockpit...lookin' good at night:
http://www.itc-marine.com/handles.html

Tony in Sw FL
1982 F-36
Dollarbill63

Let me help you out on those Halogen installation

Post by Dollarbill63 »

When you replace the RV lights.. you are going to have four screw holes and discolored headliner... plus you will probably find that the mounting will be difficult... I fashioned a mounting "plate" of wood that uses the existing screw holes that allowed me to easily mount the lights and cover the screw holes and the headliner.

Those lights give off a lot of heat - consider replacing the 10 watt Halogen bulb with a 5 watt xenon bulb that gives off a whiter light and is cooler running and lower wattage of course. Ebay is a source and I think I paid about 1.50 a bulb.
JuiceClark
Moderate User

mix them

Post by JuiceClark »

I'm glad you could take advantage of that website. I coverted almost every light in the boat to led including adding a bunch of indirect lighting in the cockpit, on the bridge, under the galley, etc. I found if you use all led lights (especially in the salon) everything looks too blue. If you use regular bulbs it all looks too yellow. If you mix the two it looks great.

So, I have leds around the windows (behind wood thing for blinds) and other indirect areas but have two halogen spots on the ceiling. This makes it look great at night.

Tony