Look what I found!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

bjanakos
Moderate User

Look what I found!

Post by bjanakos »

I was rummaging through a bin of stuff I brought home from my new-to-me F32 and found this! I was impressed to see some of the factory documentation hand written. You sure don't see that anymore. The manual looks just about complete; there are a few electrical schematics in the back. I would like to give them another look to see if I can get a better idea of how things are connected. Nothing about plumbing however, but there is a list of where all the sea-cocks are located. Of course after 37 years and 2 or more previous owners, who knows how much is left in tact?

There is a lightweight Chrysler manual on there as well.

I have an older survey document that said the motors were 318's, but my USCG Document has the motors at 250HP. I was originally disappointed that this vessel did not come with the 360's but I was impressed that the 318 pumped out 250 horses when my Slickcraft's 302's were rated at 215. But this document confirms that she does indeed have the 360's. She wont be a rocket, but she should move pretty good especially given that this is a hard-top sedan (no fly bridge)

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Look what I found!

Post by prowlersfish »

That's a good thing to find for sure . FWIW 318s where 225 hp and the 360s where 250 hp . hopefully you still have the 360s . Easy mistake by the surveyor as the look the same . Enjoy the new boat .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

congrats on the find, My new to me tri cabin also had the manual, one had a cover like yours and the other was plain. Both were essentially the same. The instructions within covered f32, f36 sedan and tri cabin, making pdf's of them for anyone that would want them. Wonder if we could put things such as this in the sticky area?
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

BJ,

What year is your F32?
larryeddington wrote:congrats on the find, My new to me tri cabin also had the manual, one had a cover like yours and the other was plain. Both were essentially the same. The instructions within covered f32, f36 sedan and tri cabin, making pdf's of them for anyone that would want them. Wonder if we could put things such as this in the sticky area?
Larry, love a copy of any/all PDF's relating to F32... 8)

Thank you in advance. :D

Paul can "sticky" any post you have with links to original manuals.
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Beacon marine sells the books

http://www.trojanboats.net/zencart/
Last edited by prowlersfish on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

That was what I was afraid of, they need the profit.

Although these books are far better than the one I bought from them, of course it is a different boat.

L
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
bjanakos
Moderate User

Post by bjanakos »

rossjo wrote:BJ,

What year is your F32?
It's a 1978.
bjanakos
Moderate User

Post by bjanakos »

prowlersfish wrote:That's a good thing to find for sure . FWIW 318s where 225 hp and the 360s where 250 hp . hopefully you still have the 360s . Easy mistake by the surveyor as the look the same . Enjoy the new boat .
The 318 was a popular motor in it's time. I had a '78 Chrysler when I was a teen with a 318. That motor took a pounding.

The serial numbers the surveyor used matches what is in this factory manual so it looks like they are the 360's after all.

I going to make a pdf of this as well. The book reeks of mildew and the pages seem rather fragile so I am somewhat reluctant to run it through our clunky old copy machine at work. Just to give you an idea of the copy machines reputation, people call it "Bob Marley," because it always be jammin'.
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Jammin ... Bob ... love a PDF copy! :mrgreen:
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
Away On Busine$$
Moderate User

Post by Away On Busine$$ »

Jammin ... Bob ... love a PDF copy! For Away On Business if possible please. E-Mail kenneth.n.smith@bell.net

Thanks Ken
Season is short, we make the best of it.