Looking for a Surveyor in St. Catharines area

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Troy-Sodus Point

Looking for a Surveyor in St. Catharines area

Post by Troy-Sodus Point »

I am looking at an F-32 in St. Catharines, Ontario and wondered if anyone could recomend a marine surveyor in this area.

Thanks,

Troy
ready123
Ultimate User

Re: Looking for a Surveyor in St. Catharines area

Post by ready123 »

Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

Troy,

I used John Vanderperk 905-568-2814 one month ago to survey my recently purchased 1994 370 Express. He is top notch and considered by local brokers to be one of the best. I asked him to return to the boat and drill test holes in the engine sill and then repair the holes using the west system. I wanted to be certain there was no moisture within. He is headquartered in Niagara-On-The-Lake.

So, he's one recommendation for you to consider. Good luck

Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Don't know if he is still active or not, but Gill Bibby may be an option. gillbibbyboatbuilding.com

He has been trying to retire for years but people won't let him!
Troy-Sodus Point

Post by Troy-Sodus Point »

Thanks everyone. I found the sight that Michael posted was a pretty interesting read with a lot of good insight. During so I was leaning towards John Vanderperk and was about to ask if anyone had any experience with him, and thanks to Rick that has been taken care of. This boat is a 1974 sedan and showed very well, however again, I don't have the experience on what to really look for. Everything seemed solid, no soft spots on any of the decks, the bridge was re-glassed last year. My biggest concerns would be the stringers (which looked good), and the running gear. If all is good I would run it down the lake from St Catharines to Sodus Point (about 117 miles). Any insight would be welcome.

Thanks,

Troy