Trojan Yacht Pennant7

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jimini

Trojan Yacht Pennant7

Post by jimini »

I have been in touch with a company that designs /or copies logos for flags/pennants... We are now in the rough draft stages of design with the first of many graphics coming via my email in the next week or two...

As of now the pennant is a swordtail shape with white background with black 1inch border top and bottom with the late 70's trojan head logo in black/rust colors... I am waiting for email pictures drawn up from the company's graphic artist department to determine what looks the best, what doesn't... flag size is around 12in x 18in... EVERYTHING is still in the planning stages!!

Cost should be around $20 plus shipping and handling after the initial set up fees are paid up front.. I was told these pennants are first class quality, sewn by machine on 400 heavy nylon... After I give the final commentment the first proto type will be sewn and sent to me... I have HIGH HOPES!

I will keep you posted as to where the process is..... thanks.

jimini
You've gotta be tough if you're gonna be STUPID!

jimini
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Is this with regards to this post?

http://www.trojanboats.net/wforum/viewt ... e03b35fdbb

Or do we have two different ideas going on here...?

No worries, whichever comes to fruition. I'll be interested but as a group we'll need to decide once all comes together?
jimini

Post by jimini »

No been working on this for a few weeks now....

jimini
jimini

Post by jimini »

Ooops! I messed up - sorry! Let me try again..... Remember to "Error is Human"....lol
Last edited by jimini on Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimini
jimini

Post by jimini »

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z60/ ... nedyMI.jpg

I have to wait until tomorrow to speak with the salespeople again... this is the pennant that will be ordered..... Black lettering on white background/ 1977-1979 trojan lool alike logo/ 1/2" black border around the pennant....12"x18" flag

jimini
Dollarbill63

Count me in

Post by Dollarbill63 »

Looks good...

You going to handle the orders or is the printer...
jimini

Post by jimini »

Dollarbill63~

At this moment I'm waiting for the sample to come to me so I can judge whether the quality is worth the price or not....they guaranteed I would not be disappointed... proof is in the pudding as they say! I'll see and feel and judge...

I have told the salesperson that the quality has got to be there and that I didn't want any cheap looking or inferior materials... the first one is expensive of course with set up fees.... order by dozens the prices go way down quickly... If I do order these flags in all honestly I'll make about a buck or two a flag as I think after shipping fees and the principal pennant amount the majority of the balance is gone... Handling the product for me would be purchasing and placing them in shipping tubes and driving to the post office for mailing them off with a guarantee delivery system... Let's face it flags are only worth so much... you can't sell an object if you're asking too much!!! I am basically doing this for myself because I wanted a nice looking trojan pennant on the front of my bow and I can't seem to find one any other way... so I'm paying the price and biting the bullet... I am not looking to sell any. Mine is the sample that I will obtain within the next few days/weeks... I'm not a salesman by any means but I will offer to provide what I have created if others would like one too.....lol

jimini
jimini

Post by jimini »

The setup fees are paid and the proto type is being sewed this week.... should have it by sometime middle of next week..

I will take a digital picture of it and post it on this site...

Where's Spring????

jimini
jimini

Post by jimini »

The Trojan pennant was shipped today; should be here early part of next week

jimini
rossjo
Ultimate User

$20?

Post by rossjo »

$20 plus hspping/handlign? Sold!

How many do they have to sell to justify this? How much to do a one-off with my business logo, boat name or a family crest?
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
jimini

Post by jimini »

I have to place an order of twelve to get this price.... the set up fees for ONE pennant is $85 which includes a proto sample of one flag PLUS the cost of shipping usually somewhere around $94 in the lower 48... one can order any amount after the initial payment of the set up fees are paid upfront... of course the more orders requested the lower the price per flag... Your designs are your designs only - only you can place orders using that design... eliminating people who don't want to pay for the initial fees and try to obtain a pennant the cheap way...

jimini
jordan
Sporadic User

Post by jordan »

I would be interested in 1 and most likely 2.
Keep us posted.
Thanks, Jim
SHEGAVEIN (F-32)
Capt. Jim Jordan
LandVF36
Moderate User

Post by LandVF36 »

Two for me please.
Current Fleet:
2000 Carver 450 Voyager
1991 Thompson 21' Carerra Cuddy
1994 Scout 15'
2005 Caribe LCX9 dingy
1981 16' Hobicat
Former Owner - 1973 Trojan F-36 "Light and Variable"
jimini

Post by jimini »

The proto type should arrive early next week and take a digital photo and post it on this website...

Probably would take about ten days or two weeks to obtain them after I phone in an order but I want to see the proto type first incase there are changes that need to be made for the final product....

I'll keep everyone posted

thanks, jim

jimini
jimini

Post by jimini »

Just received the proto type pennant this afternoon...

IT'S AWESOME! IT'S AN OUTSTANDING PIECE OF WORKMANSHIP which would definitely add to any Trojan's overall appearance!

Totally sewn on lettering and logo... all made with heavy materials; totally made in the USA... NOT A CHEAP PLASTIC OR NYLON FLAG...

I am calling the flag rep on friday for price quotes for different qualities.. the pennant measures 12"x 18" comes white only with black outline and black lettering... black and rust color logo

I will take a real time picture later tonight and try to get a close up to show the quality the flag and the sewing that was done on it...

jimini