Engine Circuit Breaker

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

vabeach1234
Moderate User

Re: Engine Circuit Breaker

Post by vabeach1234 »

I had no idea that the 1971 F26's were in such demand that people would try to steal them. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on my 1972.

Sorry to hear you had to experience this. Things seem to disappear from boats at my old marina quite a bit. Funny thing is, if I forget to put a brush or pail away, they would go missing, yet the guy on the next dock over who leaves all his fishing rods out in the rod holders never had a problem.
Ken
1972 Trojan F26 Express
1985 Dell Quay Dory 13
Hampton, VA
http://s853.photobucket.com/user/vabeac ... ojan%20F26
The Dog House
Active User

Post by The Dog House »

larryeddington wrote:If you make it too hard to get in they will tear the whole door off. :twisted:
That's always a possibility, but they got to my boat by water and the only tools they used were mine that they found in the cabin. They used bare hands to break into the cabin. No one will be able to break into the cabin using bare hands now.

The objective of the attack appears to have been to take the boat for a joy ride. My boat is the least expensive and slowest boat on the dock. Someone looking for financial gain or to use a stolen boat to run drugs would not target my boat. My boat seems to have been targeted because it was on the end of the dock. Most likely, someone with a small kayak or canoe paddled over to my boat and tried to steal it to take a joy ride. These were not professional thieves. Hopefully increasing the level of difficulty will deter them.
1993 Sea Ray 200 Overnighter OB with 1993 Mercury 150 hp Outboard
1979 Starcraft 14' Rowboat with 2011 Mercury 9.9 hp Outboard
Former boat: 1971 Trojan F26
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Post by mikeandanne »

Yep, near as I can tell, you can do just enough to keep the honest people out, but the real thieves will get in no matter what you do....its too bad....good luck from here on....Mike
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

what a shame. you're right though.........the harder it is the more destruction will occur. this winter, 6 boats from my marina wintered on land at long beach marina. all 6 had fuel siphoned from their tanks. my neighbor had 300 gallons taken from him. for some reason, the security cam didn't pick this up. HOW?
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com