WayWeGo Repairs and Improvements

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Captrichc

Re: WayWeGo Repairs and Improvements

Post by Captrichc » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:28 pm

I'm thinking if putting a solid top canopy and just doing curtains next year of my fly bridge. But I need to figure out anchor light fix for next season

WayWeGo
2018 Forum Supporter
2018 Forum Supporter

Re: WayWeGo Repairs and Improvements

Post by WayWeGo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Captrichc, are you thinking a fiberglass hardtop or one from hardtotop? Either of them can support an anchor light -- the one supplied by Atlantic Towers used a Perko head on their own shaft. I plan to convert it to LED soon.

I tried to wire the new light directly from the flybridge switch, but was not successful. Even though it is not shown on the schematics, I suspect there is a diode somewhere in the circuit. After a couple of frustrating hours trying to figure it out, I ended up wiring the new light to the old wires that were powering the light on the front of the flybridge. Not very elegant, but now the light works correctly.

We ran into some problems integrating the canvas enclosure with the radar arch, and I will ultimately be making some changes. Our canvas is getting thin and will not last forever, so I am thinking about a hardtotop with new curtains that we make ourselves.
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's