2016 Cheasapeke bay rendevouis Poll

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Chesapeake Bay Rendezvous ? Where would you go

Upper bay Annapolis to the C&D
22%
Annapolis area
17%
St Michaels area
8%
Solomons MD area (mid bay)
17%
Lower Potomac river area like St Marys or Kinsale
11%
Rappahannock river area or Deltaville
11%
Lower bay like Hampton /Norfolk or Yorktown Gloucester area
8%
All the above
3%
none of the above
3%

Total votes: 36

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 2016 Cheasapeke bay rendevouis Poll

Post by prowlersfish »

Westwind ,

Welcome to the Forum . Jerry and then Kent did a Good job on the Rendezvous . It died out when Kent had to stop doing them . Lot of the folks there were not on this site although I tried to promote the site to the folks there and the rendezvous to folks here. I went to the one in St mikes (2009) just over 20 boats and some by land . Did you make that one ? I heard some felt St Michaels was too far so they went back north a little .I tried to get a group together at the Solomon's we had 4 boats Mine from the lower bay , Allen from Baltimore/middle river Cal from us were at The Wye and Wes From Ct. . 3 of us were at St Michaels in 2009 . I have made some lifetime friends thanks to the Rendezvous
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

Just a heads-up that there has been a bit of off-line discussion about a mini-rendezvous in July for the mid-Bay area. Nothing firm and probably very informal.

Stay tuned for more info...
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Well bring it on-line then! Headed out of the country toward the end of July, but if I am here, I will make a respectable effort to go. Informal is fine. By that I presume that you mean some beer drinking and boat showing-offing. I can often get Fridays off, so I'd be up (down for the under-30 crowd) for a Friday night, Saturday, and Saturday night thing. I would hate to move the boat from Baltimore to the greater Annapolis area for just an over-nighter.

Middle River is a good option. Lots of boat-accessible restaurants and such. Is the plan to get slips or raft-up?
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
Doc Holiday

Post by Doc Holiday »

Hi Everyone! I just purchased a 1990 12M Express on the upper Chesapeake. I had John Leed help me out and he promised he'd go to a Rendezvous. Any word if/when/where one will be held? I'd be happy to help set one up. Labor Day weekend works best for me. Thanks!!
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

Doc Holiday wrote:Hi Everyone! I just purchased a 1990 12M Express on the upper Chesapeake. I had John Leed help me out and he promised he'd go to a Rendezvous. Any word if/when/where one will be held? I'd be happy to help set one up. Labor Day weekend works best for me. Thanks!!
Oh, we have a volunteer!!!

A rendezvous sounds great -- If it was Rock Hall or south, we would try to be there.
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

South :mrgreen:
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D