Docking older boats

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

gordd
Sporadic User

Docking older boats

Post by gordd »

Hi everyone have question for people in Toronto Ontario area re marinas. My boat is 1974 f25 cabin cruisers was curious if anyone in this area had or has issues finding slip for older boat . I tried cpl this summer like port credit marina and even though have survey and insurance find they seem like they are not interested in having older boats . I know they do have them and my boat looks much better then once there but think those boats have been in there for long time . I know there is people from area on this board maybe some can enlighten me anad or point me in right direction.
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Docking older boats

Post by Moderator »

Anyone ?

Helping keep Trojan Yachts alive .
Forum Moderator
TrojanBoats.Net
Trojan Boater
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

I think most marinas are fine with most older boats. What they tend to get worried about are older wooden boats that are not in great shape, and anything that looks like a 'project' boat. They are afraid of the environmental impacts and liability issues if something sinks or gets damaged in hauling/launching, environmental impacts of some project work on shore, and potential eyesores.

You might get more of a push back from some Yacht Clubs - like Port Credit Yacht Club, and some places may have a waiting list, but would think Lakefront Promenade, Port Credit Marina, and places in the Mimico area should largely be open to you unless you fall into the category above...
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

You may wish to check out www.activecaptain.com
They list a bunch of marinas in the Ontario part. Wish I could be of more help. Good luck!

https://activecaptain.com/quickLists/ma ... .php?st=ON
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

To that point, there is the 'Marina Finder' on the Discover Boating web site http://www.discoverboating.ca/boating/marinas.aspx, or through BoatingOntario's web site http://www.boatingontario.ca/find.aspx.
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Almost forgot about Marinas.com

http://marinas.com/browse/marina/CA/
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

Thank you for help . Found out issue they had with it . There was cpl things in survey they were concerned about but had to get them fixed for insurance anyways . Just nobody from PortCredit bothered to get back to me . Am good to go on list for next season
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Glad you got it straight . Make sure you not just on a waiting list , I was on one for 2 -3 years . Contract/deposit to be sure . If its just a waiting list I would get on more then one . And don't hesitate when you get the call . Some places have plenty of slips others you have to wait . Nothing beats having the boat in the water ready to go .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
RonW

Post by RonW »

You may want to enquire at Mimico Cruising Club just west of Parklawn and Lakeshore. Being a private club, there is an initiation fee and a membership fee, but well worth it.
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

Post by 1967 seavoyager »

It's out there a bit, but the port of Newcastle is a nice place. www.ponmarina.com
They'll pry a rotten plank from my cold dead fingers before i go "Tupperware". http://www.photobucket.com/restless
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"
1967 Trojan 36' Sea Voyager Express
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

You may want to enquire at Mimico Cruising Club just west of Parklawn and Lakeshore. Being a private club, there is an initiation fee and a membership fee, but well worth it.

Ron, that is a good looking Trojan
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
RonW

Post by RonW »

Thanks Rick. I bought it from the original owner so it was (and still is) well loved.
"Docking older boats"...... there are 6 F44 Trojans within 10 miles of downtown Toronto, 5 active on the water.