TV ANTENNA

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Lou

TV ANTENNA

Post by Lou »

What kind of TV antenna do you have, where is yours mounted and what are the pro's and con's?

I have the SeaWatch 2030 mounted just forward of the fly bridge and cannot seem to get one channel. Found out I have no power supply installed. So I installed a booster to no avail. Very possible the two metal buildings next to me are affecting my signal. Previous marina I got a lot of channels.

If I am in need of new antenna setup, I'd like to see what others have as comparison.
1972 - Trojan F31
1981 - Grady White Sailfish 25
1988 - Wellcraft 2800 Express
1966 - Chris Craft 36'
Big D
Ultimate User

Re: TV ANTENNA

Post by Big D »

Glomex
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Big D wrote:Glomex
X2 on the Glomex , I get a lot of channels with mine . With that said the SeaWatch 2030 should work ok in our area . But it needs a power supply to work . Also your is your TV Digital HDTV not a old analog TV ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

prowlersfish wrote:
X2 on the Glomex , I get a lot of channels with mine . With that said the SeaWatch 2030 should work ok in our area . But it needs a power supply to work . Also your is your TV Digital HDTV not a old analog TV ?
X3 on the Glomex, great reception.
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

yall are fancy, I have two 32in HDTVs and ebay HD antennas, I get about 30 stations most places IE coves, the bay, off shore it doesnt work well, I think I got 2 stations at Block Island but their less than $20 and on the island theirs so much to do I dont miss the TV, my phone (most every phone now) makes a wifi hotspot, I can also stream any movie and show at anytime with that
Last edited by K4282 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

Just a thought, if you use Dish at home you can use there Tailgater antenna. It will track the satellite a bring all of the Dish Channels. I cost you around 7 to 8 dollars a month to use it as an add on to your home Dish. You will need to purchase the device which is around $350. I is a sealed tracking device which works like the $$$$$$ one the really big boys use. I have not tried it on a boat but looked at one which seemed reasonably sealed. Have not explored this yet but am thinking of mounting on radar arch when I enstall. :D
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
Lou

Post by Lou »

prowlersfish wrote:
My tv is digital tv. Have considered getting a new one to fit my application. But it all worked fine at previous marina.
1972 - Trojan F31
1981 - Grady White Sailfish 25
1988 - Wellcraft 2800 Express
1966 - Chris Craft 36'
jhalb
Moderate User

Post by jhalb »

I would start at the cable if it is prewired. To test take a cable direct from the antenna to your power supply or tv. I had an A/b box that went bad effecting my signal. Your antenna might be good.
John
"PELICAN"
1983 10 Meter Express