Sandy Hook, NJ to Stuart, Florida.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

9mtrojan

Re: Sandy Hook, NJ to Stuart, Florida.

Post by 9mtrojan »

03ram2wd wrote:If you go by waterway you have to take the AICW (Atlantic Inter-Coastal Waterway). I thought the same back in 2013 & ended up having my SeaRay 270 hauled down to Myrtle Beach, SC by trailer. By the time I figured in fuel, lodging, time & unexpected mechanical mishaps the cost to have Her hauled down by land was 65% less.
Another factor is how much knowledge you have in navigating open waters. Outside the ICW can turn nasty real quick. There are spots in Georgetown & Charleston Sc on the ICW that put your navigating skills to the test. By the time I logically thought it out I realized the thousands saved in hauling vs piloting would better go into more improvements for the boat.
One of my bucket list things I want to do. Been saving to do this for 10 years. I think I have enough money but like you said you never know.(Bring On Another Thousand) Thanks Paul
9mtrojan

Post by 9mtrojan »

prowlersfish wrote:
9mtrojan wrote:Not sure which way I'm going. Leaning towards inter coastal, Prowlersfish. So I would love to hear your places. 8)
You can spend a lot of time on the Chesapeake bay . Annapolis , St Michaels is a must. The Solomon's is a fun area lot of marinas The tides inn and Urbana of the Rappahannock river are nice places . Cape Charles is nice as is Smithfield and Smithfield station ( good food and marina) . And stop by Hampton and say hello . There is a lot more but I am not sure what your interests are

When you get to Georgia , Savanna is a must see
This is what I was looking for prowlersfish!!! Thank You very much. I have decided to do the inter coastal. More to see and if any problems happen place to stop for a fix. THANKS again Paul
9mtrojan

Post by 9mtrojan »

Glad to see we are back up and running. :lol: I thought there would be a lot more suggestions of places to stop and see on this journey. We need all the help we can get. The more the merrier!!! THANKS in advance. Paul
9mtrojan

Post by 9mtrojan »

The Dog House wrote:
9mtrojan wrote:Not sure which way I'm going. Leaning towards inter coastal, Prowlersfish. So I would love to hear your places. 8)
If you're going down the Chesapeake, Mears Great Oak on Fairlee Creek is always a fun time.
Thank You Dog House. I have been to Baltimore in my 25 foot Larson. Just wanted to hear about other places my Trojan family have visited. Thanks Again Paul
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Did you say somewhere when you were going? It is rumored that there might be a rendezvous on the Chesapeake this summer. Be kinda' cool if you could make a showing.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
9mtrojan

Post by 9mtrojan »

P-Dogg wrote:Did you say somewhere when you were going? It is rumored that there might be a rendezvous on the Chesapeake this summer. Be kinda' cool if you could make a showing.

I was thinking last week in May or first week in June. Taking my time and enjoying the journey. Traveled before to Baltimore once. Son lives in Florida. Going to be a snow bird if I can. That would be a Blast if one rendezvous was happening as I passed. Would definitely make a showing!!! Going to keep my eyes and ears open. Thanks P-Dogg 8) Paul
kevinz

Post by kevinz »

I just got back yesterday from delivering a 42' Cruisers yacht from Brunswick, GA. to Tampa, FL. What a great trip. We stayed in the ICW and had no problems. A few long (15 miles) of no wake because of Manatee zones. Never saw a Manatee, but lots of no wake signs. Diesel fuel was $1.42 gal in Brunswick. Gas was $2.40 gal. You must stop in the Brunswick marina and meet the dock master. Sherri is the best!!! Jacksonville beach marina was o.k. Titisiville marina was nice and close to town. Stuart was real nice.
-1995 350 express
with big blues (454 Crusaders)
-2011 Caroling Skiff J-14 (Tohatsu 30hp four stroke)
-1996 Sea Ray SeaRayder jet (Merc 90hp)
-1990 BeachCat 20. Fiberglass pontoon (2013 Merc 60hp big foot)
9mtrojan

Post by 9mtrojan »

kevinz wrote:I just got back yesterday from delivering a 42' Cruisers yacht from Brunswick, GA. to Tampa, FL. What a great trip. We stayed in the ICW and had no problems. A few long (15 miles) of no wake because of Manatee zones. Never saw a Manatee, but lots of no wake signs. Diesel fuel was $1.42 gal in Brunswick. Gas was $2.40 gal. You must stop in the Brunswick marina and meet the dock master. Sherri is the best!!! Jacksonville beach marina was o.k. Titisiville marina was nice and close to town. Stuart was real nice.

Thank You kevinz for that info. I will make sure to stop at Brunswick to see Sherri. Glad to hear you had a great trip!!! Hoping mine will be the same. Thanks again Paul