F32 trailer?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Wyo123

F32 trailer?

Post by Wyo123 »

Hello all,
Thinking of having a trailer built for a 1990 f32, can someone recommend a good trailer manufacturer?
Or know of one for sale?
Thanks
K4282
Moderate User

Re: F32 trailer?

Post by K4282 »

can I ask why? The trailer would cost thousands and get used how often, then you have to store that monster and you'll need a tow rig? I thought about making my own but at $250 to $300 to haul out or launch whats the point. You'd be pulling well over 13,000 lbs.
Wyo123

Post by Wyo123 »

I live about 20 miles all back roads from a large lake, I plan on using the boat 3 or 4 times a year for a few days each time. There is also multiple lakes within 200 miles that I plan on visiting, Wyoming has simple oversized load regulations so it is not that big of deal to tow one.
I really don't want to rent a slip if I don't need to, I have a tow rig that will legally pull the boat and a trailer.
Now if I lived somewhere like RI, I agree it would not make much sense.
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

I know a guy who keeps a 28 Carver on a FORTY FOOT Trailer

I laugh - as the trailer is so big and massive.

I used to have a wooden cradle but where I store now - no one deals with wooden cradles so my wooden cradle magically disappeared now it is stored on steel cradle with four supports on each side for $200 a year
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
bjanakos
Moderate User

Post by bjanakos »

You are going to need a heck of a launch ramp...

At 13' wide and over 13,000 pounds, it will not be an easy tow.

I do happen to have a tri-axle trailer for mine. But it really is a yard/transport trailer and not for rolling off and on. I will need a travel lift to get her off and on.

there are big launch trailers out there in excess of 30'. However they are usually designed for narrow center console or cigarette type boats that have relatively narrow beams.
Wyo123

Post by Wyo123 »

Yeah starting to think about a smaller boat, the ramps here are wide enough, but they are pretty steep, I'm thinking you would probably need a semi to get 12-14k boat up the ramp