Batteries / rubber window flap

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Bear

Batteries / rubber window flap

Post by Bear »

Hi , I have a 1986 trogan f32 getting ready for spring launch I have twin 350 crusaders I put my batteries in one was not charged or is dying 10 volts not sure getting new ones not sure how old, just bought boat end of last year I don't like to take chances with old batteries my question is, is there a way to switch over to the good one in emergency I've always had a switch to do this on my other boats ? I did use the one batterie and started both engines they started right up and run great, glad this happen on land , better to find out now then on the water thanks for any help I also noticed on the front windshield the little vent window in the middle has a rubber flap to keep water out mine is leaking dry rotted any replacement for this or home made ideas to replace?
Jim Bear Shut up & reel II ( life is short go fish)
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Batteries / rubber window flap

Post by prowlersfish »

You should have a Emergency start switch that will jump the batteries , the switch will be on one of the helms and is red.

For the window part contact Beacon marine
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Bear

Post by Bear »

Thanks for the advise prowlerfish I will take a look next time at the boat, the upper helm on my boat is removed, bought it that way i have to get the bridge from previous owner in a month. Running it this year without bridge. I'll check with beacon
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Mine is on the lower helm FWIW. Also you should have battery switches . If they are 1-2-Both you can jump them by putting both on all .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Bear

Post by Bear »

I don't have a batterie switch 1,2 and both that's what I had in all my other boats there is a grey box the batterie cables go into I'm not sure exactly what is does
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (63.91 KiB) Viewed 5355 times
Scorpion07

Post by Scorpion07 »

That gray box should house a solenoid that triggers the battery linking. Either by pushing the emergency start switch at the helm (red), along with the normal start switch. Or, if your boat has it, the auto linking that always links the two start batteries whenever you start either engine normally. To find out if you have the auto start, look in the front starboard sliding panels. There should be a resistor looking do dad that actually does the linking. It's about an inch long by a 1/4 inch wide with three wires attached to it and is fastened to a panel.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Thanks I will look for it can't wait to get to boat tomorrow to look
Cmount
Sporadic User

Post by Cmount »

Batteries are cheap...no matter what, replace them, then you know what you have and know they are good. First thing I buy with every boat I have owned or own. And I replace them about every three to four years, it's cheap money for peace of mind for me.
1987 Jersey Dawn
"The Other Woman II"
Bear

Post by Bear »

Ok I found the emergency switch thanks everyone for your help happy boating getting new batteries peace of mind is worth it .