A/C SYSTEM FLUSH

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

hooked

A/C SYSTEM FLUSH

Post by hooked »

My compressor on my a/c unit went bad and put trash in the system. I am getting a new condensing unit but I need to flush the rest of the system. Any ideas how to go about it? Thanks
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: A/C SYSTEM FLUSH

Post by P-Dogg »

Maybe look on an air conditioner-specific site?

http://www.teamec.be/cms_files/Flushing ... ng(EN).pdf
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Post by mikeandanne »

hooked wrote:My compressor on my a/c unit went bad and put trash in the system. I am getting a new condensing unit but I need to flush the rest of the system. Any ideas how to go about it? Thanks
If you are talking about the line sets,my advice would be to hire an AC tech to properly flush the system....if there is anything left in there it will destroy the new compressor in short order.....now if the lines are really old, maybe replace....there are flushes designed for this but sometimes its not worth the chance....
Lou

Post by Lou »

Rx11 - http://www.nucalgon.com/products/tsp/rx11-flush

I am an AC guy by trade! This will flush your system. You could also flush it with about 150psi of nitrogen to help get debris out and then flush. Depending what is contaminating your system, you may be OK with just a nitro flush.
1972 - Trojan F31
1981 - Grady White Sailfish 25
1988 - Wellcraft 2800 Express
1966 - Chris Craft 36'
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

The install a suction line filter will trap any returning crud. We used to clean with F-11 or F-12 but illegal now, destroys the ozone layer. They are both very good degreasers. If you flush do it in reverse so you do not stop up the capillary tubes or expansion valve if equipped.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink