Tri-cabin windshield bolt question

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Judd

Tri-cabin windshield bolt question

Post by Judd »

Well firstly I am new to this board and new to Trojan boats. I picked up a 79 tricabin for a live aboard in Lake Ontario. After a few hair pulling experiences I finally have the boat in the water and am aboard and loving it.

Unfortunately to move the boat they had to remove the windshield and did a less then professional job of it. As a result I have to replace the bolts along the bottom of the windshield. I have been going around trying to find a replacement and nothing is close. Anybody know what this is actually called? Where I could get a suitable replacement?
jimbo36
Moderate User

Re: Tri-cabin windshield bolt question

Post by jimbo36 »

Judd wrote:Well firstly I am new to this board and new to Trojan boats. I picked up a 79 tricabin for a live aboard in Lake Ontario. After a few hair pulling experiences I finally have the boat in the water and am aboard and loving it.

to move the boat they had to remove the windshield and did a less then professional job of it. As a result I have to replace the bolts along the bottom of the windshield. I haUnfortunately ve been going around trying to find a replacement and nothing is close. Anybody know what this is actually called? Where I could get a suitable replacement?
Sorry to hear the transport Company told you they had to remove the windshield. They may not have had the right trailer for the job. I have moved mine twice with no issues. :?
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

I also have a '79 Tri-cabin and have the original windshield removal and replacement instructions that came inside the owner's manual as a separate document. It appears to have a complete bill of materials for all hardware and other expendables used in the process.

I have sent it to many others here on the forum and if you will private message me with your email address I will send it to you also.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
horhay1946

Post by horhay1946 »

I have a 81 tri cabin and I need to remove the windshield. I have leaks from the bolts and I want to powder coat the windshield. Any help will be appreciated.
1985 Mako 258 (One Owner)
1981 Trojan Tri Cabin

George
Judd

Post by Judd »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply guys.

k9th my email is judd@asoyuf.ca

Jimbo, I think the windshield had to be removed because they were only permitted for certain routes that had a height restriction. They had to take a pretty bizarre and out of the way route.

Horhay1946, you could just get some clear silicone caulking and seal around the bolts. I have read from several people that is what they have done and it also worked for me. It just makes it a bit more difficult to remove next time(hopefully never)