Plumbing Questions F-32

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

bjanakos
Moderate User

Plumbing Questions F-32

Post by bjanakos »

I have an F-32 that was in service in Fresh Water it's entire life. It has now moved to Salt.

The previous owner had made some plumbing changes: Added a washdown pump in the cockpit, bypassed the hot water tank, and converted the sinks and toilet to use raw water. It looks like he cut off the line that ran from the shore water inlet and tied in the washdown pump which is located on the aft bulkhead starboard side.

I would like to continue to use raw (salt) water for the washdown, but revert the sinks and toilet back to the fresh water holding tank. The only other pump I see is under the galley sink, and I think that is the shower pump.

Is there another pump somewhere that feeds the sinks and toilet? Otherwise, will I need to add one?
Cmount
Sporadic User

Re: Plumbing Questions F-32

Post by Cmount »

Mine was in the aft compartment right next to the fresh water holding tank, mounted on the deck support, which is where all the plumbing started. I wonder if he converted that pump to your raw water...Mine did not have a raw water pump. I added one.
1987 Jersey Dawn
"The Other Woman II"
bjanakos
Moderate User

Re: Plumbing Questions F-32

Post by bjanakos »

I have nothing there. But perhaps it's a goor place to mount one.

This is probably what I will end up doing. I will probably add a dedicated seacock for the wash down since he T'ed into the generator.

I have also read in the past about there being some sort of check valve that would allow one to use the shore water hook up. I have not found any evidence of that either.