1976 F28 Blowers location on boat

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Horace

1976 F28 Blowers location on boat

Post by Horace »

can anyone tell me where the blowers are located on my F28 1976 Trojan with twin 318 chrysler engines ?
many thanks
horace
Rickforth

Re: 1976 F28 Blowers location on boat

Post by Rickforth »

Blowers should be connected at a cutout on the side of the boat. They always draw air out of the bilge and exhaust out the side openings. I have two blowers on my F32, one on each side blowing out. Be sure that the hoses that connect to the blower are good and are drawing air from the lowest point in the bilge.
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Look for vents on the outside of the hull that face aft - those are more likely to be the ones that have blowers mounted on the inside of.
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

I can tell you exactly where they are. The backs to seating that can be raised up and hung from overhead as a bunk has a panel behind them and the exhaust fans are behind there on port and starboard. That said it can be a bear to get to as the swing up hinged portion has to be taken out then the back panel. After that it is easy.

If they are not working be sure and check the fuse as the current draw is significant and tends to heat up the ends of the old round type of auto fuse and connection is lost.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
03ram2wd

Post by 03ram2wd »

On my 1974 F32 the intake & exhaust side vents were installed in the wrong direction. The forward vents were (closest to the bow) were facing aft & the stern were facing towards the bow. Not only were these installed wrong but in rough seas water would come in from the stern vents thus flooding the bilge.
Tried 3 times to attach a photo with resizing it but won't post. Email me & I'll send the Jpeg.

Rich
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

03ram2wd wrote:On my 1974 F32 the intake & exhaust side vents were installed in the wrong direction. The forward vents were (closest to the bow) were facing aft & the stern were facing towards the bow. Not only were these installed wrong but in rough seas water would come in from the stern vents thus flooding the bilge.
Tried 3 times to attach a photo with resizing it but won't post. Email me & I'll send the Jpeg.

Rich
Actually, that's how Trojan did the vents on the F32 in the early 70's. They did that for years - even my father's '69 had the forward facing vent at the stern and the aft facing one forward. From what I have read, they later changed the design after there was a sinking that was argued to be due to water coming in the aft vents.
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

If you want a picture of the vents on the f28 I have one on my other puter. That said the power exhaust vents are where I said earlier and exhaust out a fiberglass vent that blows downward. If your are damaged I have a couple also I have a set of stainless replacement vents for the static air in and out for the F28.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink