10 Meter Inverter Location - Install Complete!

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

zedtwentyate
Moderate User

Re: 10 Meter Inverter Location - Install Complete!

Post by zedtwentyate »

BobCT wrote:Because I know you're bored, ask me about making up new fuel lines when you get to that point. Those are probably original and long overdue (they're date coded). I changed the configuration on mine so they're more out of the way. I got tired of constantly getting my feet tangled up in them in that spot.

Like the oil cooler lines, you can re-use the fittings, just need new aeroquip hose. That battery box looks awesome, kind of wish I did that instead. I was able to squeeze two 6v batts inside the factory box and added two add'l in standalone boxes in the same spot you did.

Bob
I will ask you about that. But in the meantime, you bring up a great point. The original battery box. Any issues with how it sits on top of your stating batteries? I feel like I need two side post batteries. My interstate group 27 fits ok but the other one (deka maybe) is taller and seems to interfere with the lid. A little too much pressure on my connections.

Thoughts on that?
Kegan

1986 Trojan F-27 (SOLD!!!)
1989 Trojan 10 Meter Mid Cabin
BobCT
Active User

Post by BobCT »

Yes, I had the same issue. I epoxied 3/4" plywood strips on the underside of the cover so that they became the contact point(s) going across the length of the battery cases. Before, the lid was too tight and i was crushing the cables and battery posts every time I had my weight on the box. I also needed to do this to gain some height so the lid sits about an inch above the base now which provides an airspace all around. If you do this, you will also have to relocate the rubber hold down strap brackets or they will be too short.

I also went with group size 31 in the process.
1988 10m mid cabin
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Great job.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year