Sold my F32 yesterday

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

ready123
Ultimate User

Sold my F32 yesterday

Post by ready123 »

Handed over the keys to my F32 yesterday after ten great years with her. I am now boatless in Ontario!
That is OK as the plan is to do some longterm cruising on the President out of Florida next year.
2017 we will set off to explore The Bahamas, specifically the Exumas then slide on over to Havana and then the South coast of Cuba before jumping over to Isla Mujeres. That should take up the first year or two.

Anyone want to hook up for any of those legs we will be glad to have you.

It has been great to have been among such an informative group here.
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Sold my F32 yesterday

Post by prowlersfish »

Michael ,
Have fun on your adventures . Make sure you tell the new owners about us . And thank you for all the advice you have given here .

And remember once a Trojan boater always a Trojan Boater , so stick around the site
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

Congrats, always a good day when a boat sells that we have listed, right Michael?

Best of luck following that Bahamas wanderlust. Would be great if you blogged future cruises and let the forum know the Blog address when the time arrives to jump off the mainland (I assume from either Stuart or Miami)

Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

rickalan35 wrote:Congrats, always a good day when a boat sells that we have listed, right Michael?
Best of luck following that Bahamas wanderlust. Would be great if you blogged future cruises and let the forum know the Blog address when the time arrives to jump off the mainland (I assume from either Stuart or Miami)
Rick
Actually we will likely be sliding up to Miami from Key Largo for the final push across to Bahamas. We want to cruise down the Gulfside towards Marathon first.
Yes we will be blogging again on our prior one that has been laying dormant for a while.
Michael
Done Dreamin'
TC
Sporadic User

Post by TC »

Never great to say good bye so instead I'll say congrats on your new direction.

We have crossed paths a few times on the Small Craft Route along the east coast of Georgian Bay and the Trojan flag I purchased from you still flys on the bow.

Be careful and enjoy where the bow takes you.

Tom
1989 F-32
Penetang,
Georgian Bay
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Post by mikeandanne »

Well Michael...so did we....did the sea trial and gave up the keys a few days ago.....a bit of regret, I remember thinking during the trial that maybe they would change their minds but they got a great deal so onward and upward. The slip looks really stupid with just the dinghy there.

Thanks for all the help guys from the forum over the years , I have enjoyed it, still have one brand new pennant left that I will keep and probably frame........Mike
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

TC wrote:Never great to say good bye so instead I'll say congrats on your new direction.
We have crossed paths a few times on the Small Craft Route along the east coast of Georgian Bay and the Trojan flag I purchased from you still flys on the bow.
Be careful and enjoy where the bow takes you.
Tom
Thanks for the wishes Tom... those pennants are bullet proof.
I think my Ontario boating is over for now as I'll be moving down to the President this fall then on to the islands of the western Caribbean. Am really looking forward to hanging out in Cuba (south coast especially) for a good long while.... always enjoyed my fly in vacations I took from the mid eighties (which was really an eye opener with armed soldiers everywhere, not many visible anymore on my latest trips.)

On clearing out my stuff I found two new flags, an orange and blue.
May well put them up for sale here.... I seem to remember some people looking for the original one's by Prestige flags which are the one's I have.

If I can't be careful at least as an ex Boy Scout I will be prepared. ;)
Michael
Done Dreamin'
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

mikeandanne wrote:Well Michael...so did we....did the sea trial and gave up the keys a few days ago.....a bit of regret, I remember thinking during the trial that maybe they would change their minds but they got a great deal so onward and upward. The slip looks really stupid with just the dinghy there.
Thanks for all the help guys from the forum over the years , I have enjoyed it, still have one brand new pennant left that I will keep and probably frame........Mike
Are you getting another boat? Or another form of entertainment?
My buyer took over my slip as he lives on Sparrow Lake.
It was a relief for me as my plans would have had her on blocks for many years..... we just have not been using her as much lately as that damn journey out of Toronto on a Fri at 4 pm just got to be too much for us, that we decided it wasn't worth the effort every weekend!
Looks like we may be on the President as early as October....
Michael
Done Dreamin'
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Best of luck to you both !

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
TC
Sporadic User

Post by TC »

Hey Mike.
Excuse me Michael not the side track your post.
We have wondered where you were this year. First, surprised to see you back in our marina and several times we walked over to your slip to find no one home. As you were asked earlier, are you changing boats or interests?

Tom
1989 F-32
Penetang,
Georgian Bay
wriver7

Post by wriver7 »

Congrats on your sale. Any chance you may have any Trojan burgees left over that you would like to sell? I missed the chance to order some on the Trojan site. Thanks in advance.

Ron