Trojan 12 Meter

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Mr4bbls

Trojan 12 Meter

Post by Mr4bbls »

Hi...Jeff from smoggy NJ...I am a newbie...really don't know how to use a forum that well...we are looking at a 12 meter convertible and I am
really impressed with the room and the 671s downstairs...what I don't know is how it handles in snotty seas...any comments would be helpful...have had a Trojan before although it was out first and it was small...a 30' Flybridge...that unfortunately was somewhat of a mistake...a little too tender although
and otherwise beautiful boat...next came an 86' SeaRay Flybridge Sedan...once again a beautiful boat but it had wheels in the tunnel and I will never
buy a boat with them again...lose an engine and you just stop right there and call SeaTow...there is no way to handle a boat with prop pockets when ur missing an engine...anyhow I like the 12 meter...as you can already probably guess we do our fishing at ShopRite so we just like to cruise and the 12 meter just has a ton of room...I also like the fact that I don't have to punch a hole in the side of my boat if I ever have fuel tank issues since the 12 meter has just one tank right under the cockpit...but can I ask for other comments pro / con on this unit since I have not owned one yet...thanks much
El L Sea
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Trojan 12 Meter

Post by El L Sea »

We love ours, although we have not had her out as much as we would like so far. Only been out in 4 footers, but not even a shudder. We don't even turn into boat wakes any more, because it feels like a platform instead of a boat. Dry on the flybridge as well, since the Delta Conic hull tends to deflect the spray pretty far outwards. Fine in a following sea unless you are going too slow, or have too much tab down. Love our fat bottom girl. If you were in Florida, I'd give you a ride. Hope this helps !
El L Sea
Fort Myers, FL
1988 Trojan 12m International Sport Fisherman
2017 Boston Whaler 130 Tender w/ 40HP Mercury
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

One hell of a boat . I have been on one and I was impressed .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
gdcardoza

Post by gdcardoza »

The meter boats are amazing!

I just picked up my 12 Meter Express this summer with 6-71's and it's awesome! Had the pleasure of bringing it back into the marina on a single engine, with no issues at all. Just have to take it slow.

Either way, good boat, great engines! Just ask about service history and hours
Graham D. Cardoza
President
Overboard Marine Services Ltd
Hsbodner

Post by Hsbodner »

I know I am a few years to late, new at this forum stuff lol.
I have taken my 12 meter in 6 ft seas, you can feel a little but, feels like your in 3-4.
Heavy feeling boat that cuts through
Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Great boat, bought a 10 meter sedan last summer. Amazed with how stable she is, very little roll given the nice wide chines.
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

here is some additional information on the DELTA CONIC HULL and other things unique to the INTERNATIONAL SERIES:

www.trojanboat.com

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED