Fuel tank replacement

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

K4282
Moderate User

Re: Fuel tank replacement

Post by K4282 »

As the season comes to an end ive decided to begin planning on hauling out the boat early and starting my project before it gets too cold. Today I was crawling around my aft deck area and inspecting the construction. Im thinking, and wondering if my best attempt may be to rip up the plywood/teak strip deck leaving me with 2x4 style stringers/framing, some of which could stay and some removed then maybe just replace with the same teak plywood flooring? Im also thinking theirs a little too much wood back there and would like a fiberglass deck i could simply paint but ive never played with fiberglass some im hesitant. some of this may unbolt easily from the stringers, i really dont know what avenue to go down. What have people done, and suggestions greatly appreciated.