Shipping Costs for Trojan F30 Express

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

The Dog House
Active User

Shipping Costs for Trojan F30 Express

Post by The Dog House »

Any idea how much it would cost to ship by truck a Trojan F30 Express (no flybridge) from the Great Lakes region to New Jersey? I'm thinking of moving up from my F26 and I like the idea of purchasing a fresh water boat. Salt water can really beat the crap out of a boat over a 40 year time period. Thanks for any ballpark estimates you can provide.
1993 Sea Ray 200 Overnighter OB with 1993 Mercury 150 hp Outboard
1979 Starcraft 14' Rowboat with 2011 Mercury 9.9 hp Outboard
Former boat: 1971 Trojan F26
gitchisum
Moderate User

Re: Shipping Costs for Trojan F30 Express

Post by gitchisum »

Last time I looked into it ( 2012) it was $3.00 per loaded mile including permits. Plus loading and unloading charges, plus cribbing. I was looking at moving a boat 500 miles and it was about 3 grand.

I used a local hauler in 2014 to move an F32 with a hydraulic low-boy and it was $350 to move it 10 miles and launch it
88 321 Sedan 270 crusaders
2001 Seadoo Challenger 2000
97 Lowe Roughneck 17TC
1948 Alumacraft K14, Evinrude twin 6hp " Still kickin"
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

try UShip.com, its similar to Ebay where shippers can bid the lowest. The concept is great IMO, shippers can detour from a route, not come back empty etc and it can save some $$$ on your end. You can pick between bids and get a good licenced business. I myself had a shipping company, and on a personal trip to Florida I bid to bring a kayak from near my house to North Carolina or something, easy $200 as the buyer meet me at a gas station off the highway, that trip would have costed allot to do as a main trip. When I left Florida I found a V8 engine going north that paid my fuel bill to come back, overall good experiences.
bjanakos
Moderate User

Post by bjanakos »

I had my F32 shipped from Kenosha WI to Freeport TX for about 4 grand. I got lucky and caught a guy heading that way empty looking for a haul back.