F26 - Interior Restoration

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: F26 - Interior Restoration

Post by P-Dogg »

it is going to take a good amount of time to scrape that all off and sand it down
I recommend a Fein Multimaster a hair dryer.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
Captain Chill

Post by Captain Chill »

-Custom floor design and installation.

The F26 model comes factory with this fold down storage cubby. You can see it's small storage space with the tool bag pictured.

This makes for a very narrow walkway where two people can not get around each other with ease and I wanted it bigger. As I looked at the design and did some measurements and calculations I concluded that I could raise the floor an 1" and 1/2 to gain over a foot of extra floor space. Anyone that is 6' tall and under can greatly benefit from this design. I did this with two redwood beams 1" and 1/2 in height that sit on the existing supports.

Since the hull curves up I had to make new side supports that matched the angle of the hull's incline on each side.

Pictured here is the new floorboard with the line showing around where the old walkway was. It looks like a decent size improvement in the picture but let me tell you even more so it FEELS like a basketball court in here now. 4 people can stand on this board and have a conversation very comfortably now where as before it felt awkward with anymore than two people in there. And trying to get around that other person wasn't easy either where as now it's no problem to go in and out of the boat without anyone having to turn their body.

Floorboard piece #1 is cut and knotched to Tetris like fit with floorboard piece #2. The best part about this design is that I can put it together and take it apart in about 90 seconds by myself. If there is ever a problem in the bilge it's an easy dismantle also making frequent cleaning of the bilge a breeze as well. The stairs in the second picture are ones that you buy to put next to a tall bed. The height is perfect to enter and exit the cabin.

I also took apart the closet and drawers that are at the port aft of the cabin. This space fits perfectly a 36" x 36" shower base which is one of my next projects coming up soon.

Thanks for reading, on we go!
'The Pacific Chill' - F26 -1976
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Interesting
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
TexasTrojanF28

Post by TexasTrojanF28 »

Looking real good, thanks for sharing your progress.
Paul - SW Ontario
Moderate User

Post by Paul - SW Ontario »

Good stuff...assume you are relinquishing your need for the dinette table?

Shower?.....Wow, looking forward to seeing this take shape!
1973 Trojan F25.5 - SW, ON.
2012 Triple Axle trailer
1978 C&C Mega 30' Sailboat
2014 Triple Axle trailer
2016 Highfield CL290 BL RIB
2017 20hp Suzuki 4 stroke
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Looking gud mon!

Where is the Jamaican font anyway?
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
Captain Chill

Post by Captain Chill »

Paul - SW Ontario wrote:Good stuff...assume you are relinquishing your need for the dinette table?

Shower?.....Wow, looking forward to seeing this take shape!
Yes, I have relinquished the need for the factory table. It really takes up a lot of room which is the opposite of what I'm looking to do. I enjoy standing at the galley countertop for my meals and computer work. Though, I did have a look at your cockpit table that you built with the angled table stand. I think something like that or a murphy-bed style table being easily removable/folded up will be the move in the future if I feel the need to have a sit-down table.
'The Pacific Chill' - F26 -1976
MTurvey

Post by MTurvey »

Oh I am so glad I'm not alone in the "open a can of worms" world :) My rub rail was also causing the interior to have a mold garden / water feature. I tore the whole bow out at well..... its a LOT of work!!
12669494_10208991996057350_4594974361609952675_n.jpg
12669494_10208991996057350_4594974361609952675_n.jpg (59.12 KiB) Viewed 5879 times
Melissa

Trojan F-30 " The Shadow"
rsciolino

Post by rsciolino »

same problem with my rub rail. when i redid the interior i also replaced my rub rail with the tessilmare rail from jamestown. blends nicely into the boat.