NEW CURTAIN MATERIAL

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

billb

NEW CURTAIN MATERIAL

Post by billb »

me wife has the great idea of having new curtains made for our f32.
what is the best material to use for this as she has a friend to make them once we get the fabric.
thanks
owner of a nice 1979 f-32
Drafter

Re: NEW CURTAIN MATERIAL

Post by Drafter »

Be bought curtains at Bed Bath and Beyond that we liked, and then dropped them off at a tailer shop to be hemmed to length for our salon door/window across the back. For a curtain rod, I ordered a length of 1" stainless railing with stantions (sic) and railing connections screwed to the salon ceiling effectively creating an upside down railing about 2" high. We pitched all side curtains to declutter and update the interior, then tinted everything as dark as we could get it. Offers 100% privacy during the day, and really not bad privacy at night with the lights on. We have an international sedan with no lower helm. The window tinter asked if I was going to be able to see at night to drive. I told him that being in the salon with the windows tinted while underway and not being able to see was the least of my problems vs having no controls in there.
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

My wife made new curtains for our boat, using drapery fabric and liner fabric. She is quite handy with a sewing machine and they are at least as nice as a pro would make, probably nicer since she had time to take care of the little extras.

We are reusing the rail that was already on the boat with new carriers to hang the curtain from. After some deliberation, we decided to use snap tape to get the curtain to hang evenly on the carriers. I still have some work to do on the sliding door before we install the curtains.

At the Annapolis boat show, we got a big laugh when we saw the same fabric used for throw pillows on the Hinckley Talaria!
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
1967 seavoyager
Moderate User

Post by 1967 seavoyager »

My mother used terrycloth bath towels on her 27' Sea Skiff. I found some White Denim at JoAnn Fabrics to use on my 36' Sea Voyager.
They'll pry a rotten plank from my cold dead fingers before i go "Tupperware". http://www.photobucket.com/restless
seavoyager36@hotmail.com

"Restless"
1967 Trojan 36' Sea Voyager Express