1969 Trojan

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

tsmitty

1969 Trojan

Post by tsmitty »

Looking at boat for sale 1969 26' flush deck no fly bridge, all wood the hull seems good condition as does the interior even has original ice box great condition mechanically runs well shifts well all original Chrysler motor but the teak decks really need repair. My question what would be fair price and how much work at money into making top decks original and water tight? can I do with common wood working skills and tools, boat would be beautiful with new top deck and few interior repairs. I'm thinking of offering around 4,000
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: 1969 Trojan

Post by prowlersfish »

With out putting hands on it , it would be foolish for me or anyone to even guess . Photos would help some . As posted above a survey would be a very good idea
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
mikeal67

Post by mikeal67 »

tsmitty wrote:Looking at boat for sale 1969 26' flush deck no fly bridge, all wood the hull seems good condition as does the interior even has original ice box great condition mechanically runs well shifts well all original Chrysler motor but the teak decks really need repair. My question what would be fair price and how much work at money into making top decks original and water tight? can I do with common wood working skills and tools, boat would be beautiful with new top deck and few interior repairs. I'm thinking of offering around 4,000
Hi just my opinion I have owned a 67 Trojan 31 sea skiff and a 67 37 egg harbor both wood boats . You would be doing the owner a favor taking a wood boat that needs work for free. There is no resale value on an old wood boat that needs repair . In the end unfortunately the price to cut up and dispose of an old wood boat is far more money than you can imagine ($200 a foot). Try to get it for FREE
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

prowlersfish wrote:With out putting hands on it , it would be foolish for me or anyone to even guess . Photos would help some . As posted above a survey would be a very good idea
+1

Lets see what you are looking at, and let us know what it's history is (ie where it has been kept, what work have previous owners had done and when), where you will be keeping it, and how you intend to use it. My parents owned a '69 28' Sea Skiff for over 20 years so I may have some insights... but gotta see it to give you useful advice.