Another New Member

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Pax

Another New Member

Post by Pax »

I have been lurking for a while now and have been impressed with the knowledge level, patience, and good will you folks demonstrate. I acquired a 1978 F32 about a year ago and have begun working on it. It has the Chevy small block Mercruisers, starboard is scrap, jury still out on the port. Will be pulling the engines this spring to when the boatyard crane can access. Lots of other work to do so I'll keep busy till then. I do have an initial question. . How do I remove the aft deck? The screws are removed and it slides fore and aft but when I lift it seems to be catching on something.

Best wishes,

Pax
1978 F32
gitchisum
Moderate User

Re: Another New Member

Post by gitchisum »

strut.JPG
strut.JPG (35.26 KiB) Viewed 4732 times
My f32 has 2 support struts that are bolted to the deck from bottom. You should have an access port to get to these. Mine is an 88, but I assume this is standard.
88 321 Sedan 270 crusaders
2001 Seadoo Challenger 2000
97 Lowe Roughneck 17TC
1948 Alumacraft K14, Evinrude twin 6hp " Still kickin"
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Welcome to the forum
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Barrie
Moderate User

Post by Barrie »

Welcome Pax
Lots of good people and info here!
Barrie
Aylmer Ontario, Canada
36' Tri-Fly "The Obvious"
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Some of your 'plumbing' (water lines, fuel lines, vent hoses, etc) or wiring may be tacked along the underside of that liner as well, but as far as I know it is a simple 'shoe box' style joint around the edges.
Pax

Post by Pax »

Thanks gitchisum and captainmaniac. I'll check it out today!

Have a great weekend!

Pax
1978 F32
oil&water
Moderate User

Post by oil&water »

Welcome to the forum. I should have read your post more thoroughly earlier in the week. I totally missed your question. I helped a friend remove his rear deck this summer on his '79 F32 so we could change the sending units on the fuel tanks. Once you remove the flybridge ladder, you will need to find someone skinny and flexible to shimmy under the deck. The vertical supports mentioned earlier must be unbolted before it will release. There were four on his. They were the worst part of the job. Good luck!
Currently Trojan-less :?
Pax

Post by Pax »

Thanks folks! Fortunately there were only two struts and they unbolted easily. When the yard crane can get access I'll pull the scrap generator out. After that I can move the fuel tanks to replace the exhaust hoses. I'm sure I'll have more questions the deeper I go. Thanks again!
1978 F32
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Post by mikeandanne »

While you are in there, the water tank top is that plywood there...good time to check it, it sits between the stringers and is easily repaired if it is leaking as it is fibreglass....now is the time,oh and the access panels ( couple screws) for getting at the gas tank inlet hoses are in the rear corners of the salon inside the side panels....you can just cut the hoses there to remove the tanks easily..... good luck man.