a long shot

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Runabouts.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

oldboat1
Sporadic User

a long shot

Post by oldboat1 »

technically not one of the antique runabout models, but of that age....

When we moved down to Maryland in the '90s, I pulled a 21 foot Trojan outboard cruiser down there from Michigan, for use on the Magothy River and the Bay (Sea Breeze model, plywood over oak, titled as a '54 model but may have been a '55 or '56.) I sold the boat after a few years to a woman in northern Virginia, and she ran it on the Potomac, slipping it somewhere on the Virginia side, fairly close in. I tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to follow up, but got no response -- which could indicate a sorry end to the boat, though I hope not. I talked to her just after she got it to Virginia, and she said it was floating and running fine. I had just gotten into restoring '50s outboards, and had put a '58 Sea King on the boat -- always sorry, though, that I hadn't hung on to the boat and refitted it with twin '57 Evinrudes or Johnsons (favorite models, fairly close to the mfg date of the boat). I even have two '57 Johnsons that would serve the purpose.

I would like to try to bring her back if she can be located and hasn't been sunk or burned. I notice there are a number of Maryland and Virgina posters out there, and I'm thinking maybe some of this might ring a bell. She had a white hull, with bright combing and trim (framed windshield on cabin top -- express-type cruiser). Motor was a grey '58 Sea King 35, electric start.

I would appreciate any leads or info on this boat. She was on a dual axle Dilly trailer which has probably survived if the boat has managed to do so.
_
Motors should run. People -- not so much.

1980 F26, Mercruiser 305
1979 14' Starcraft, 1957 18 hp Evinrude and '57 3hp Evinrude kicker