my refinished 1961 trojan seaqueen

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Runabouts.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

muskrat bay

my refinished 1961 trojan seaqueen

Post by muskrat bay »

here are some photos of my 1961 trojan seaqueen. i finished the restoration of it this winter. it has the original trailer and evinrude 10h.p. that came with it. there are original pics of it under " help me identify this trojan seaqueen " subject thanks for looking

muskrat bay

Post by muskrat bay »

sorry about the allover pics guys not very good at posting pics yet. i apoligize
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Sweet !!!
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
61SkiBee
Sporadic User

Post by 61SkiBee »

Muskrat,

Very nice. I like the way you worked in the red chines and the darker (brown?) bottom. I've been trying to figure a good color scheme for my '61. It comes down to whether I want to include a waterline. Some were painted that way, apparently, but you end up without the emphasis on the nice sweeping chines.

If you want to list on the ol' Runabout Owner's List, just send my an e-mail with some particulars on your boat.
Guy Strauss

"Das Boot"
'61 SkiBee, 17' Inboard Runabout ski tow
Ford 292 Interceptor (pictured)
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Guy, is that Palmer marine engine ? (America motors base ) or maybe Ford ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
61SkiBee
Sporadic User

Post by 61SkiBee »

Prowlerfish,

That is a Ford 292 "Y" block with dual side draft Carter carbs. It's an Interceptor marine conversion, complete with water-cooled exhaust, Mallory ignition, Sherwood marine water pump, and reverse rotation, requiring a special camshaft.
Guy Strauss

"Das Boot"
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Great looking job on a great boat.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
61SkiBee
Sporadic User

Post by 61SkiBee »

Muskrat bay,

Great pics, glad to see you got them posted in all their glory. The front decking and gunwales, in fact all the mahogany is almost identical to my '61 Ski Bee. Makes me wonder if mine will look anything close to that by the end of my current refinishing work. I like your color scheme with red chine and it looks like a deep reddish-brown on the bottom. Mine is currently all white hull, but I'm leaning towards a deep red bottom with blue chines. I might do a blue waterline stripe instead of following the chines, a little more complicated, but it might be a nice touch if I can pull it off. Stay tuned.

I suppose you're out having fun with your Sea Queen right now, as I sit landlocked. Not unusual when you have a more practical setup like your outboard design. Lots and lots of maintenance on the inboards...

If you get some time off the water, I'd like to know what your procedure and materials were for the mahogany refinishing, as I am just starting to sand mine down now. Also, the paints you used for top side of hull, chines and bottom.

My e-mail is listed, or just reply on this thread or my "Varnishing Anybody?" thread.

Thanks
Guy Strauss

"Das Boot"