New Member.... old Trojan... need some help.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Runabouts.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

woodywalt

New Member.... old Trojan... need some help.

Post by woodywalt »

Hello to all... I am old and have played with boats since I'm a kid. My Father got me going when
he bought a new Chris Craft outboard in 1956.... I was hooked. Since then I have owned just about
every kind of boat... cruisers, speed boats, utilities, runabouts, in/outboards, jets, v-drives...
what ever came my way that I could afford and store.. (no sailboats... they're evil). Long story short,
when I moved to Arizona and retired... boats became a hobby, anything on a trailer with an engine.
I presently own a 70 Hallett Jet, 81 Ski Supreme, and my latest acquisition... what I believe is a 1951
Trojan Sea Queen, Hull ID: P5138 Length: 13' 8" (14'). Rumors that came with the boat is that was
on a private lake in PA all of its life and was never registered and was built by Amish craftsman. It's
not my first wood Trojan, back east I lived near the Hudson River... old wood boats were plentiful and
cheap. I had a mid fifties Trojan 16' inboard with a Fireball 4, a mid 60's Trojan inboard runabout with
Gray 327, and a '58 Trojan Bimini-22.

Never thought I would find a wood boat in Phoenix, AZ... This is my "keeper", she will live again

I am looking for some history... is it a 1951 Trojan Sea Queen? is my main question, I know Trojan started
up in 1949...but I am not sure when commercial production began.

If anyone can shed some light... it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance...Walt
Attachments
hullnumber.jpg
hullnumber.jpg (238.78 KiB) Viewed 10890 times
1st day...
1st day...
Hull1.jpg (160.08 KiB) Viewed 10890 times
Strip in progress
Strip in progress
deck.jpg (38.6 KiB) Viewed 10890 times
Paul
Active User

Re: New Member.... old Trojan... need some help.

Post by Paul »

Welcome aboard Walt,

Looking forward to following your restoration project. As for the info that your looking for I'd suggest contacting Beacon Marine, they are the Trojan guys. I'm certain that they can assist you with info and parts.
Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: New Member.... old Trojan... need some help.

Post by prowlersfish »

Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D