Our forum

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

larglo
Moderate User
Location: Mt Juliet, TN. Percy Prist Lake, Fate Sanders Marina

Our forum

Post by larglo »

When I first read "capt." post, I wasn't to bothered by it. It was only a weak reply and support from a person I have great respect for on both forums
that lead me to think that, that lack of support, made it difficult for me to stay on the forum.

Having giving it some thought, I have changed my decision about leaving, and for these reasons. On checking back on all the posts since this forum was formed, I saw no real problems on how anyone conducted themselves in their posts or replies. Yes, some got upset. I believe anyone who questions one's thinking by being a Vet deserves a rather stern reply.
I also noticed that "capt," had never placed one post on this forum, contribution,,,,"0". replies to other postings,,,,,"0" His only contribution is to try and stop the content or shut the forum down. I think his one and only post is his right to make, even though, I disagree with it. But I have no problem with his making it, what so ever. I think my reply to it was satisfactory.

You guys
really gotta take this crap to some other site
before people get fed up enough that Bob pulls the plug on the whole forum.

Here is the standard, rules, or what ever you call it,,,,

----------------------------------------------------------
Pontifications
This forum will be un-moderated and is for the free exchange of Thoughts and Ideas .
Note: It is our hope that this area will provide an outlet for general comments on the issues of the day. We hope this area will be "policed" by its users. However, TrojanBoats.Net reserves the right to ban any user and remove any posting that threatens another person, contains hate-speech or otherwise violates the commonly accepted "norms of decent behavior".
--------------------------------------
In all the posts and replies, I myself do not see anything that goes against this standard! And if there is,,,please, by all means,,,shut it down! I then saw replies from others having regrets about their post or replies. I have none! I am not going to let one person that has never contributed to this forum try to censor remarks from me or others on this forum. It it completely his right to try, but at the same time, he has the right, NOT to read such remarks he dislikes, just as anyone else does. I suspect he motives to stifle the contents of parts this forum, has deeper implications?
I suppose some will try and say I'm trying to inflame the situation, not at all. There is no anger in my words,,,,but only to debate.

Larry
Larry - 1980 F25 HT

"Lady G"
Mt. Juliet, TN
http://www.photobucket.com/larglo
bfly71

Post by bfly71 »

Hi Largo,

MTP and I have been on a couple other forums. One being Corvette Forum, one of the largest internet forums and the other called Banned Camp (a spin off created by a couple of really funny members who got banned from CFOT).

Here is what I learned from my tenure at both places:

Internet forums are no different than the real world. People have different opinions on things. That is life.

Have your flame suit within reach, you never know when you are going to need it.

Some people have issues that have nothing to do with the forum.

If you leave, the forum will continue on, even without you.

Most people are good people with good intentions. Some people suck, the sucky ones tend to make more noise about it.

So enjoy each day. It is just the internet after all.

~Shannon
MTP's Wife
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
larglo
Moderate User
Location: Mt Juliet, TN. Percy Prist Lake, Fate Sanders Marina

Post by larglo »

Yes, maam, :D

Larry