Boat U S

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Danny Bailey
Moderate User

Boat U S

Post by Danny Bailey »

Got my bill in the mail for annual unlimited towing insurance and it has gone up again!! I know tows are extremely expensive, but I have never used this service in the 19 years I have carried it. Looks like obama may be reading Boat US's play book on 'how to bleed the population'. Is there a better way to have peace of mind while away from the dock?
1980 F-36 with 6BTA 250 Cummins enjoying the Sounds and coastal waters of North Carolina
Tuck
Moderate User

Post by Tuck »

i haven't gotten mine yet (comes up in august), but i've already heard the same thing...that the rates are going up.

what else can we do? this is truly one area where they have you by the nutskies. no one else in my area, at least, who offers this service. so it's either pay a few more beans now and hope we don't have to use it, or pay out the wahzoo if we don't pay now and we do use it.

those in areas where there is sea tow or something else can choose...those of us in places like chattanooga on the tennessee river are hosed.

i feel your pain.
Terran
1986 Silverton 40' Aftcabin

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
Danny Bailey
Moderate User

Post by Danny Bailey »

I've come to a conclusion! Considering:
1. Twin diesels
2. 46 years boating experience
3. Rarely go offshore any more
4. Boat U S / West Marine parts not priced competitively
5. Had towing insurance for 19 years, paid over $2,000 for it and never had to use it

I'm dropping Boat U S!!
1980 F-36 with 6BTA 250 Cummins enjoying the Sounds and coastal waters of North Carolina
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

sea-tow 175.00 a year used twice in 10 yrs. I'm good with it. I hate writing 1000.00 checks while the Queen is sayin' I told you so.... :lol:
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/