Gas prices..this can't be good for us

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Surf and Sand wrote:
alexander38 wrote:or you could say the Fed bank has printed to much money in the past 30 months . . . .
I agree with your premise of weakening the dollar, but, the Federal Reserve does not print money. The Federal Reserve is a PRIVATE bank, which loans money to the Govt.
The Fed Reserve is more of a joint thing ( mostly goverment ) . 94% of the profit goes to the U.S. Treasury 6% goes to member banks .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_System
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

"According to the Board of Governors, the Federal Reserve is independent within government in that "its decisions do not have to be ratified by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branch of government." However, its authority is derived from the U.S. Congress and is subject to congressional oversight."
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

And of course the President picks who runs it , then Congress approves them
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Surf and Sand wrote:
alexander38 wrote:or you could say the Fed bank has printed to much money in the past 30 months . . . .
I agree with your premise of weakening the dollar, but, the Federal Reserve does not print money. The Federal Reserve is a PRIVATE bank, which loans money to the Govt.
yes the FED does not print it.. they do however work with that S.o T. tiny Tim and have him print it or digitize monies for the fed banks, just trying to keep it simple. :wink: :wink: :arrow:
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Tony,

Oil is traded in US currency throughout the world. When we need money..we print it.

The problem is that our dollar is pretty much worthless right now and if the oil barrons decide to no longer trade and accept US dollars for oil, then how do we pay for it? We'll be in a heap of trouble... But the big ZERO has it all figured out! :roll:

Drill now, tap some reserves and let's see what that does to overseas' oil prices.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

that's mt point :? they've made so much of it that it's not worth crap...
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/