WHAT'S GOING ON?

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Big D
Ultimate User

WHAT'S GOING ON?

Post by Big D »

What's going on with our nieghbours to the south? There seems to be a lot of ranting about the government and economy. It's looking kind of grim from up here, or is it just more CNN hype to boost ratings?
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Stop watching CNN and watch FOX news and FOX biz news and you'll find out. I think you'll find that the next 4 yrs will tell the tale of the US we cut all the leftist spending and being meals on wheels plus the worlds 911 service and drill our on darn oil if we don't we'll be no better off than the guys to our south ! And when go down we'll take the whole world with us
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

I try to keep up on what's going on with you guys Tony. Is it as bad as it's being portrayed? Inevidably, it all affects us to the north as well. Not blaming you guys for what happens up here, I'm sure a lot of it is due to global influences. Just sayin' that what happens economically down there, eventually has an influence on us as well. Hope things work out.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

It is bad . We need to start producing again . instead of buying from others . and I mean more then oil .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Our leftist down have seen to it that 48% of us don't pay income taxes which means that 48% doesn't care how much gets spent by the gov't . Every dollar they spend $0.40 is borrowed . Some of us are against any gov't hand-outs such as I some want safety nets which I can deal with short term but the real problem comes in when the leaches want to sent on their butts and just take and take. And this system that FDR started in the 1930's is comin' down one way or the other.

And yes your are very right when our dollar crashes, yours comes with it.
And its going to hurt the whole world because the meals on wheels Military we spend over $500. Billion a yr will go away and everyone will have to defend their own people. No more aid handed out.
Some even say we could split up and our south leave again, due to there's a wide differencein the political thoughts still 150 yrs later.
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Tony the Civil war war over years ago , get over it you lost . :D

BTW Lincoln was a republican

we need to start producing again its the only way out.
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Wow, doesn't sound good. Some of the s%$t I'm hearing just doen't seem logical, but our government sometimes makes decisions that have us scratching our heads too. I will say this, it may not be popular, but we are the reason we don't produce. For some reason, today's generation is intent on paying as little as possible for things that they know won't last. These are usually made overseas, hense our disappearing manufacturing sector. Let's face it, it's a throw away society and most of us are guilty of participating. We all need to have the latest and greatest gizmo even though our older one works just fine at doing the very same job. The other side of the coin is that in the world of economics, connectivity, and disappearing trade boarders, workers in those countries that make minimal wage will eventually catch on. The result will be increased wages, and eventually put them on somewhat of a level playing field. Don't think it'll happen in my life time, but it will. Our governments though, have to stop the conccesions to those countries and give our own people a fighting chance.

And you two, stop with the north and south thing. It's going to take the WHOLE country united to turn this around!
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

we may have lost but ask yourself what did you gain ? And Paul you need to start reading more, this country as we know is heading for a change. And it wont be nice.
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

:idea:
Last edited by prowlersfish on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Reagan was a good man but lets remember some of the stuff he did that helped put us here today. And I know I'm goin' to piss some of you off but so be it.
1 bailed out Mopar it should've died in the 80's
2 raised taxes on Japanese V-tiwn's over 750 cc to help HD because they couldn't make a engine that worked as well for the same cost.
3 got rid of most tax deductions for the middle class.
4 raised income taxes over 5 times.
5 the earned income tax credit which is just more welfare.
6 put us a$$ deep in to the middle east and we're still jacking with it.

He did alot of good and so far I feel he's the best POTUS we had in my short life time.

and Paul read my political news from states of the south a lot of are starting to get really PO'd at the thought of bailing out other states that have over spent on unions and welfare give away
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

alexander38 wrote:

and Paul read my political news from states of the south a lot of are starting to get really PO'd at the thought of bailing out other states that have over spent on unions and welfare give away
And those same states sure do not have problems taking their hand outs do they ?

And whats wrong with saving our company's by taxing imports ? In many cases the imports have their government help so they can sell cheap , or use other ways to dump there products that we can't . and they tax the hell out of ours ?

I know you did not like the auto bail out but it saved jobs and at least it saved 2 major producers here .

the cash for clunkers was a joke as it help the imports more then us .
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Sorry dude you are wrong. It saved the UAW. GM still still isn't making a dime and don't go for the We're back BS their not paying a dime in tax for the next 9 yrs and still have a govt slush fund they're drawing from.
O and look at what the 750 cc tax did all 3 Japanese bike co. just make them here now. And HD is cryin' for a bail out again. Cause that can't sale 25k bikes now. But the rice bikes are selling what the diffences in them one thing. UNIONS. Why did my fully loaded KIA cost less than a loaded Ford its size ? UNIONS. Look in to the SEIU and you'll find the death of the US that we know.
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I am done here before I p''' someone off
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Boy, never thought this was going to be such a touchy subject! How about we put aside what got us here as what's done is done, and work together on ideas that will turn things around for all of us. I'm sure there are those that are quite happy about all the in-fighting, keeps us off our game, while they slide in to do what they want.
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

ok by me :lol: and Paul you wont p*** me off.

here's some ideals to fix the US's spending troubles
fed and state workers have to pay in to their own health care,and retirement
cut all aid to other country's
stop all Medicaid and ssi payments
welfare becomes a work program, if your on it your a ward of the state you work for the state for the hand out.
all company subsidies stop and I mean all from the waterman to ADM (makers of corn gas) it stops
and cut taxes Now what say you ?
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !