I've bought another Trojan and I'm coming back!

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Tuck
Moderate User

I've bought another Trojan and I'm coming back!

Post by Tuck »

Not really. I just thought I'd see if I could wake you people up.

I pop back on here now and then to see what's going on and hopefully to get a laugh...but lately you guys have been about as entertaining as Obama destroying the country.

If the banter doesn't increase soon, I WILL buy my old Trojan back and I will post 100 times a day.

That is all.
Terran
1986 Silverton 40' Aftcabin

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
Allen Sr
Active User

Post by Allen Sr »

Go for it! Lets hear your silverton problems that will work also. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Growing old is inevitable,but growing up is optional
1984 F36 w/350 Crusaders 'Reel Class'
2011 Trojan Rendevous
Solomons Get Together 2011
Ocean City 2012,2013,2015
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

:mrgreen: do it
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Tuck
Moderate User

Post by Tuck »

Allen Sr wrote:Go for it! Lets hear your silverton problems that will work also. :wink: :lol: :lol:
actually...after i got the silverton, a LOT of things DID go wrong/break and the repairs were not cheap. however, after the water pump was replaced and i changed the oil and filters (with help), there hasn't been any problems with the boat (knock on wood). been using the poo out of it, and so far, so good.

the wifie and i have discussed buying the trojan back (as i think i've mentioned in here before), but we both agree that we've become used to the additional living space, etc....plus, i really like the disels.

but rest assured, i'll let ya know when something crappy happens. lol
Terran

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Good to hear from you Tuck. I spent four years in Chattanooga during college & have wondered where you do your boating.

Silverton makes a great boat & once you're used to more room there's no going back that's for sure.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
foofer b
Ultimate User

Re: I've bought another Trojan and I'm coming back!

Post by foofer b »

Tuck wrote:Not really. I just thought I'd see if I could wake you people up.

I pop back on here now and then to see what's going on and hopefully to get a laugh...but lately you guys have been about as entertaining as Obama destroying the country.

If the banter doesn't increase soon, I WILL buy my old Trojan back and I will post 100 times a day.

That is all.
After launch day, the posts got pretty dry and much less frequent.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
Vitaliy
Moderate User

Post by Vitaliy »

Allen Sr wrote:
Go for it! Lets hear your silverton problems that will work also. Wink Laughing Laughing

actually...after i got the silverton, a LOT of things DID go wrong/break and the repairs were not cheap. however, after the water pump was replaced and i changed the oil and filters (with help), there hasn't been any problems with the boat (knock on wood). been using the poo out of it, and so far, so good.

the wifie and i have discussed buying the trojan back (as i think i've mentioned in here before), but we both agree that we've become used to the additional living space, etc....plus, i really like the disels.

but rest assured, i'll let ya know when something crappy happens. lol
Don;t even get me started on Silvertons... ive owned a 34 footer for 2 years now and it definitely defined the acronym BOAT..... im trying to get rid of it now, like a Trojan a bit more lol
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I always liked the 34 silverton , any boat can be a bad one if not taken care of over the years
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Tuck
Moderate User

Post by Tuck »

I've actually had good luck with this 40' Aft Cabin. Had several things go bad after I got it, but just run of the mill stuff. Same story with the old Trojan.

Still hoping to get into a Trojan sometime soon.
Terran

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)