Remember When?

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

MadBen
Sporadic User

Post by MadBen »

alexander38 wrote:about the kids, our generation told them character didn't matter ...potus #42..and that everyone get's a trophy for showing up....
Well yes, didn't you get the memo? Our children are much more fragile than we were. Thats why we can't spank them anymore.
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

yes mine told me that once, and after I spanked her I gave her the # to call so they could take her away from me and the wife, funny thing she never called or said that again, And both my girls have grown in to young Libertarians, of the Goldwater type...not the nutty Paul type... :wink:
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

alexander38 wrote:about the kids, our generation told them character didn't matter ...potus #42..and that everyone get's a trophy for showing up....
Ya that's a good one. I remember when playing sports that if we didn't work at it hard enough, we would lose. Now, there is no such thing as losing for kids, everybody wins. I don't understand how one can instill what real victory feels like if you never experience what it feels like to lose. If everybody is rewarded, what incentive is there to work your butt off for a win :? Wait 'till these kids get out into the real world :shock:
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

I dunno whats worse, when these kids have to face the world and are completely unprepared to deal with failure, or having to share the world with a generation of crybabies.

There is no incentive to win or work when everything is handed to you.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.