Daytona

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Daytona

Post by larryeddington »

We are just about to start the racing season, my favorite. :D
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

round and round we go :roll: :roll:

:wink:
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

My old boss took me in like a son. I went to over 40-50 races in 12 years, Dupont always paid our way, I was even lucky enuf to go the the last Rockingham SC race. I don't watch much any more but sure do miss the smell... Gonna be that guy and say it.... I've had dinner with Jeff Gordan twice. Group of 16, have pics and autographs to prove it. Neat stuff being young, I was offered a job in the Hendrix garage in charolette NC but my second daughter had just been born and the pay cut was just to much with a relocation. Those guys don't make a ton of $$$ maintaining 13 cars a season but they get a lot of time off like school teachers do. 50/50 wish I had said yes and went into the NASCAR life. Neat just not practical...
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

Well Jeff, Gordon is our hero here. My lady friend loves him. We by accident were in Vegas for the Sprint Cup awards in 2010 and we went to the Winn seeing what we could see. I went looking and pure by supreme cop work found Jeff Gordon playing poker, I brought her there and she got to meet him and have a couple of pics with his permission, when he came out of the poker room. I was a hero and she was on cloud nine. Another interesting thing happened on the way to the forumn, infront of the Bellagio they had a pit stop for cars driving down the strip and when Gordons car got tires changed my lady managed to get two lug nuts, so she now has Jeff's "nuts" :lol:

True Story
Larry Eddington
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
9.5' Dink
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

Lol that's awesome. It's really fun when u get inside. Kinda like hollywood I guess. He was nice, not cocky like you would expect, I've met others, but he really was more human like to me, I'll have to show you some pics. Deff neat stuff, I'm sure she was on cloud nine. I just played it off, my ex boss was a big donor to Dupont and had more strings than I realized. It was a good time though.
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

prowlersfish wrote:round and round we go :roll: :roll:

:wink:
That's the way I see it now to Paul, tiring, but it is different in person when u get to go pit pass every race and hang out, not so much just race watching, the sound and smell turned me on, but soon as I left it was a :roll: feeling, I can't watch it on tv, I don't do foot ball either. He'll I don't do tv.
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

I am the same with f ball, b ball and round ball until playoffs. However if watching one would rather do it on TV as I do not like the big crowds. Too many years a police officer.
Larry Eddington
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
9.5' Dink
Natchamp
Sporadic User

Post by Natchamp »

Racing....now we're talking. My favorite sport. Not quite so much NasCrash as open wheel but it's all good. When I was younger I slept, ate, shiit, racing 24 hours a day. I raced karts here in the states and was national champion in '87 (hence my screen name). I typically have withdraws during the winter months although that's been now taken up by my new love.....boats!
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

NASCAR died February 2001
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Nascar Died to me long before then .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
rmatt

Post by rmatt »

+1 2001 :cry:
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

I worked for DuPont and was at a national safety meeting when it was announced DuPont was sponsoring a couple new drivers Ricky Craven and some kid named Jeff Gordon.....I started following it and never looked back. Been to many tracks around the country. Became friends with a crew chief that later became a 1 car owner and raced all of last season.......I'm glad we're going round and round again..............John
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

I worked for DuPont and was at a national safety meeting when it was announced DuPont was sponsoring a couple new drivers Ricky Craven and some kid named Jeff Gordon.....I started following it and never looked back. Been to many tracks around the country. Became friends with a crew chief that later became a 1 car owner and raced all of last season.......I'm glad we're going round and round again..............John
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

jddens wrote:I worked for DuPont and was at a national safety meeting when it was announced DuPont was sponsoring a couple new drivers Ricky Craven and some kid named Jeff Gordon.....I started following it and never looked back. Been to many tracks around the country. Became friends with a crew chief that later became a 1 car owner and raced all of last season.......I'm glad we're going round and round again..............John
thats cool. you worked for dupont? if i may ask what did you do? ive met alot of people, but it was over 6 years ago when i got to goof around the race scene and i was just another face in the crowd. I love dupont and always looking to know people in there. probly already ruined that being here but hey its worth asking what ya did there lol
Paul
Active User

Post by Paul »

I was a NASCAR fan from the late '70s into the '90s. (the Winston Cup days) I was also a fan of the #3 yellow & blue Wrangler, then black Goodwrench driver until he passed in that tragic accident. Although I still catch the occasional race, it seems that NASCAR has just gotten a little to Hollywood for me.

A couple of years ago, I went to my doctor's office for a routine checkup. He suggested to me that I should try to get a little more exercise in an effort to get my heart rate up a little. NASCAR to the rescue. A friend of mine and I signed up for a Richard Petty driving school and that took care of elevating my heart rate. :wink: Below is a picture of me getting strapped into the Clint Boyer Chevy and my buddy next to me in the Ford. (notice the screaming fans in the grand stands) The track is MIS.

Paul
"Cruise Control" 1978 F-26HT
"No Control" 2012 9' Grand RIB