Current Affairs-Political Round Table

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

randyp wrote:And.....I rest my case.

Nice answer..it's just what I thought it would be....nothing....
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

prowlersfish wrote:I am a Conservative , I and I can tell you RUSH will never speak for me. him and the lefts BILL MAHER are a waste of good air , but when Bill degrades a woman it funny , but rush gets hung for it .

the both need to go asap , and change is needed in the white house asap if its not to late
I agree, Rush has been a party hack for yrs. And Bill is a flame throwing Leftest..
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

You asked where the progressives are. I answered as one and then you slam me for my opinions. At least I learned to spell in 8th grade. Have fun with your forum of 1 (ok, maybe 2 or 3). At least you won't get too crowded in there.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

who slammed you not I, just pointed your statement I at no time slammed you. You like most leftist hide your arguments behind a fought, whew you misspelled a word... you forgot the hick Southern attack too or was that next. You like most leftist can't talk about politics without going to personal attacks. Your response of I rest my case fit right in to MSNBC Randy ....and just what Govt' job or Union did you retire from ?
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Maybe you think you didn't slam me for my opinions, but I think MAYBE just MAYBE you aren't stopping long enough from the noise in your head to read what you're writing.

And I retired at 65, 2 years ago after working my whole life in manufacturing, making things in the USA. I'm a Viet Nam veteran who served 4 years in the Air Force. I was a good little Republican and hated LBJ for Viet Nam....and then came Nixon and that was the end of my GOP days. Have been a leftist (notice the spelling), commie, pinko, liberal Democrat (oh God nooooooooooooo!!!) ever since.

And I don't think you're a hillbilly or a redneck, but if the shoe fits (again, dude are you actually reading what you're writing??).

Oh, and those Seals? Yeah they are the heroes for sure, but remember who they took their ultimate orders from. Yeah the muslim martian who just happens to be POTUS and Commander in Chief, or did you forget your chain of command?

I thought and still think W was a disaster to this country, but I supported him because he was the duly elected president of the USA. If BHO doesn't get reelected I'll be disappointed, but I won't go on a crazy rant. That's why we have elections and that's why we USED to have discourse and debate in this country, not intolerance for what amounts to just another point of view.

Just saying that there are over 300 million folks in this country and just maybe not all of them will agree with either you or me, and I can live with that.

Sorry about being a miserable non-conservative and lecturing, but I think your point of view is way too narrow and is retricting your ability to take a longer and wider view of the world around you, but again, it's your life and your world. So, rock on. :wink:
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

In the news today . Obama is Irish (honest ) , so being from Mars is out of the question . :wink:

And to be fair from the left

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/23/136580099 ... rish-roots

and the not so left

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/ ... rish-roots

Rumor has it Trump is looking for Irish birth certificate .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Randy, all I've got to do to know your side is wrong is look at any Blue State or large city in this country where your side has ran it. Up State New York is a perfect model. So Dude keep voting for BHO and his type. Maybe he can get us to 20 trillion in debt, now that would be great wouldn't it ? And I remember my Command Structure. And as I said 44 gave the order that ANY POTUS would have. The guys that pull the trigger deserve the BZ for the work.
and as for the rest of your rant dude foxtrot uniform.
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

This isn't about "sides", and upstate NY is no better than some of the areas in and around the Appalachians (we used to live in VA, too). Not the fault of the people who live there, but the fault of lack of jobs (thanks NAFTA and Bill Clinton) and education. We have our share of "woodchucks" up here who say a lot of things you're saying. They're po'd about the world around them.

It's about me trying to give you another point of view, which you obviously are not even trying to focus on. I don't expect you to agree with me, just as you (I hope) don't expect me to agree with you. At least not on the subject we're ranting and raving about.

I'm tired of playing "gotcha" with you.

Have a wonderful day.

AMF
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Just a thought here, and you guys may or may not care but has anyone considered that every negative comment here about the powers in charge is captured by watch dogs, and archived for a rainy day when that info on you will be used to justify taking away a few more of your/my rights? Big Brother is most definitely watching, believe that this goes on, if you don't, you're naive.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Gee , I was hoping the Irish Obama would lighten it up .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Good messages. Thanks. Have a great day everyone and let's get our boats in the water! Our non-winter has made me ready to roll!

Not worried about "Big Brother". Come from a long line of revolutionaries, from the witchcraft trials up to lil ole me. In the words of one of my ancestors who was being accused of being a witch in Salem, MA, "I have my horse saddled and my pistols loaded, come dare to take me to trial".
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

not worried at all Big D I've all ready been tagged by our administration, Our H.L.S. Tagged VET's with right leaning views as possible threats to national security, think it was around 3 or 4 months in to 44's term.
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

I say we should all be worried about the information collected on each one of us and our publicly displayed opinions on electronic media. It inevitably gets used to fuel and implement unpopular political agendas that affect us all. If it weren't that useful to them, they wouldn't house buildings of servers used to scout what we put out there for all to see. Don't worry though, it's only used to combat terrorism :wink:
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

No worry. I have my aluminum foil hat on at all times.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

and D I'm using your I.P. address....I my be a Redneck but my son-in-law is a I.T. geek down where they be's keepin' all the big grey boats.. :wink:
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !