internet discussion

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jefflaw35

internet discussion

Post by jefflaw35 »

so for the past 10 days, I have been asking myself this question. why do people get mad cause I post, and why do I post so much. Well I think I kinda have an explination that involves all of us. Someone ask a question and it starts, then someone else shows a picture of what they have, then its awwww factor, "i like that" etc... then with out thinking its the "well i have this, or I want to do this" its all done with out thinking because we really are in a social place. 500+ post in one month wasnt a plan for me. it was a new world to me. Had it been summer time then yea you probly woulda seen 480. When I came into this forum its was very active with 20 or so people talking about their boats, but i also know for a fact that all humans expect to be treated the way they treat others. not saying me, or anyone else, im just saying people all have their standards of being spoke to, ( hate the way everything has to be worded perfectly to my wife) its just not me. anyway. If we bring up someones name good or bad, or we reffer to someones boat or they are new and active, etc.... personally i would expect them to be active, me im just highly active. but thats just me. its almost imposible to stop the chat factor in any forum when you have group of people that enjoy the same thing. this am, goofy trojanman post a 318 for sale. without thinking right after last nights battle that I went to bed during. I said i needed the tranny and boom paul n i were talking about trannys. id love to be all about boats but the factors are truly social with out thought. we are not machines and if we all took the time to catch ourselves and post a new thread we wouldnt find anything. straight up high jacking serious questions no. those are obvious when they hit the floor, but the crew that i saw when i came in, comon, were not gonna stop. i saw first thing this am that it was just natural cause, just a thought, good night guys. im not leaving till someone kicks me out or this boat floats!
Last edited by jefflaw35 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

there's a 3rd way Jeff, you get locked out...seen it done, not sayin' its going to happen but it can... we're users not owners here...
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
trojanmanXS
Moderate User

Post by trojanmanXS »

goofy trojanman post a 318 for sale. without thinking right after last nights battle that I went to bed during. I said i needed the tranny and boom paul n i were talking about trannys.

Well the topic was the engines however the engines did have trannys attatched to them that went with the purchase of the engines so a plausable rebuttle could have easily been it was response to obtaining the engines to grab the trannys.wait we are in pontifications right ?
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

tony i think thats obvious, seems to me you would like to see the 3rd way happen, not much I can do about that sorry. -Tman, you know I had to say it. I laughed for a good few minutes yesterday morning over that. Just try to enoy my life...sorry if I offend!
Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

I'm not offended, but I don't have a stick up my @ss either. Perhaps there is a correlary.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

had to google that word LOL im not a very fart smeller LOL
trojanmanXS
Moderate User

Post by trojanmanXS »

jefflaw35 wrote:had to google that word LOL im not a very fart smeller LOL

lmao thanks Jeff I was lost at that word myself. but good point. think I'll be spending more time on pont. and leave the other side for my boat questions.
jefflaw35

Post by jefflaw35 »

trojanmanXS wrote:
jefflaw35 wrote:had to google that word LOL im not a very fart smeller LOL

lmao thanks Jeff I was lost at that word myself. but good point. think I'll be spending more time on pont. and leave the other side for my boat questions.
LMAO!!!! we found a new home...
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

Commissionpoint wrote:I'm not offended, but I don't have a stick up my @ss either. Perhaps there is a correlary.
and just who does ?
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

jefflaw35 wrote:tony i think thats obvious, seems to me you would like to see the 3rd way happen, not much I can do about that sorry. -Tman, you know I had to say it. I laughed for a good few minutes yesterday morning over that. Just try to enoy my life...sorry if I offend!
and I don't want ANYONE kicked off here Jeff, so you can put that to rest. And if you offend me I'll let you know..I just get the feelin' them some think this site is open and public it's not, and in the past I've been reminded of it too. That's all.
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

Commissionpoint
Active User

Post by Commissionpoint »

alexander38 wrote:
Commissionpoint wrote:I'm not offended, but I don't have a stick up my @ss either. Perhaps there is a correlary.
and just who does ?
The easilly offended perhaps? I dunno, just sayin'.
1978 F-32 "Eclipse"
Merc 305 SBC's
1.52:1 Borg Warners

1983 Correct Craft
Commander 351 Ford (PCM)
1:1 Borg Warner

There are 350 different varieties of shark, not counting loan or pool.
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

figures, just sayin'
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

This site is NOT a chat room, was never intended to be, and never will be. Those who join, as we all have, need to use it as it was intended by its owner and not try to change it. There are plenty of chat rooms on the web, several of them about nautical and marine subjects. I am sure that hosting this site is not a cheap endeavor, and the owner is not under any obligation to keep it open. Just in the past couple of years he has accepted donations from supporters so that the banner ads could disappear. The banner ads were helping to underwrite the cost of maintaining the forum. I am thankful that many contribute and I try to contribute as much as I can to help, but I consider it a privilege to be here and have this forum - not a right.

I, for one, don't care for chat rooms, but I do enjoy the discussions on the Trojan Boat forum. But when those discussions spiral down into chat-style bantering and non-sense, and totally leave the subject matter first expressed in the thread, those discussions need to be brought here - to this forum where anyone is free to express things of that nature. That is obviously why the owner created separate areas so that those who want to have guided discussions about as specific topic can do so and those who want to chat and banter can do so - just not in the same area.

Just my 2c.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
hmc
Sporadic User

Post by hmc »

Deleted by me
f boat ( glass )
TROJANS !!!
alexander38
Ultimate User