ssgt Bales

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

trojanmanXS
Moderate User

ssgt Bales

Post by trojanmanXS »

After reading the headlines about SSgt Bales, the US soldier who shot up Afghanistan civilians, I couldn’t help noticing an irony. There is all this clamor to try this guy quickly and execute him, never mind his having suffered a traumatic brain injury.

Yet this Major Hasan, who shot up Fort Hood while screaming Allah akbar, still hasn’t stood trial and they are still debating whether he was insane even with the clear evidence regarding his motive: slay as many infidels as possible.

So we have a guy in a war zone who cracks, and he must be executed immediately. But this Muslim psychiatrist who was stateside in a nice safe office all day murders 13 and wounds 29 of our own guys and they try to argue the poor man suffered post-traumatic stress syndrome from listening to real soldiers who had actual battle experience.

Two and a half years later, they still haven’t tried the murderous Fanatic.
hmc
Sporadic User

Post by hmc »

MAKE NO SENCE
f boat ( glass )
TROJANS !!!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Or what happen the the nuts that attacked and kill people or a ACCIDENTAL book burning ?? And Our guys get in trouble over it ???
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Your tax dollars at work.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

First let me say that I support the military of the USA and Canada, and all NATO and coalition forces 100%. Our boys and girls are fighting and sacrificing so that I may be safe here at home. And for that I am eternally grateful.

BUT:
Read a little more on SSGT Bales. Enlisted and left for war without paying his part of a $1.5 million judgment for defrauding an elderly client in a stock scheme, and remains shielded from the obligation as long as he remained in the military.

His motives for being in the military do not seem to be all that patriotic.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46815403/ns ... 2zOwdWibwk
1980 Trojan F 25 "MY TYME" (sold)
1986 Thundercraft Magnum 280 "The HAILEY-SAVANNAH"
http://www.cbyc.ca/
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Yeah, he problaby is liable for the obligation he ditch when he joined the service...and he probably did it purposfully.
But nonetheless, that story alone, doesn't make reason for the calling of a quick trial and possible execution.

It's crazy to wonder how folks view one crime over another and what precedence takes over the other, when dealing with justice.

Good article Torcan. Thanks.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

You can bet there will be a lot of digging into this guys background.
Interestingly enough I have been reading comments on other forums, including some military forums and one former Marine summed up a lot of the comments of the others, I am posting it here for all to read. Just some food for thought.:

"I am a veteran of the Marine Corps. I spent time in the middle east and got shot at there. But at no time did I or any member of my unit murder innocent civilians. Why? Because we're professionals, not two-bit vigilante's running from paying a court settlement while murdering civilians. The little twerp in the story along with anyone that sides with him dishonors the uniform, this nation, and EVERYTHING it stands for. If you @!$%# on the flag it would be less insult to this nation."
Last edited by Torcan on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hmc
Sporadic User

Post by hmc »

THE CNN .S are tryingE it the millartys fault they hate them .
f boat ( glass )
TROJANS !!!
alexander38
Ultimate User

Post by alexander38 »

While I never support any of our guys or gals doing something as low and disgusting as this, He is just another person this war has taken down the dark path of hell...We should've been out of this sh*t hole 90 days after we first bombed it. And leave these people in the 600 A.D. where they need to be.

We need out and be done...

And if this Sgt. did this, Then he should stand in front of the pole...
Carver 3607 ACMY 454's Merc's
10' Dinghy 6hp Merc.
La Dolce Vita
Let's hit the water !

http://s852.beta.photobucket.com/user/t ... 8/library/
Torcan
Moderate User

Post by Torcan »

alexander38 wrote:While I never support any of our guys or gals doing something as low and disgusting as this, He is just another person this war has taken down the dark path of hell...We should've been out of this sh*t hole 90 days after we first bombed it. And leave these people in the 600 A.D. where they need to be.

We need out and be done...

And if this Sgt. did this, Then he should stand in front of the pole...
+1